• ...and so much more!
  • snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    I hope they are not Christmas presents.

I did the shopping thing Sunday and it was crowded. I did see some bags in some of the mall stores so some people were buying. Then I had to get special items for Christmas from a few food stores. My goodness. I thought maybe during the football/soccer games it would be ok. It was not.

Quiet Observer

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2022
    St. John
    I have had 2 online orders cancelled within the past few days stating "per my request" which is not accurate, items still showing in stock.
    :wallbash:
    Could this be fishing(sp?) That is you click on a phony link or call a number and they "need your credit card number to verify your ID".
    I always close the email and log in to the site separately.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Could this be fishing(sp?) That is you click on a phony link or call a number and they "need your credit card number to verify your ID".
    I always close the email and log in to the site separately.

It is legit, got an email then typed in the walmart.com & logged in.

First time it happened, I called to find out what happened, they admitted it could be their issue after I assured him that I did not cancel the order. They gave me a $10 credit for future purchase.

Made another order & same thing happened.

I plan to not order anything else through them if there is another viable alternative.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    My wife has had several occasions where certain items are “out of stock” only to find them on the shelf when she’d go in and check for herself. But I don’t know if we’ve ever had orders outright cancelled like that.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    The stuff I ordered is still showing in stock online, allows the order & charges my card.

First one cancelled was a day or 2 later, second order was cancelled several hours later.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    The stuff I ordered is still showing in stock online, allows the order & charges my card.

First one cancelled was a day or 2 later, second order was cancelled several hours later.
    Look at the item again online, and it probably will show out of stock now.

I've had that happen before on Walmart.com. I'll find an item that I want that is only in one store within a 20 mile radius, so I order it, pay for it and get an email either a few hours later or the next day saying that the order is cancelled. When I go back to check the item at their store again, it shows out of stock online. Probably a lag or some slop in their online inventory system.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    I went ahead & tried to make another order on things that showed an abundance in stock.

Cancelled next day, still showing increasing amount in stock.

I opened a chat log, the "helpful" rep sugggested that my account may have been hacked & that someone else was using my account which had a cc saved (didn't know they had an autosave feature, it has been deleted) to just wreak havock in my life by cancelling orders.

Uh,, ok.

indyblue

Guns & Pool Shooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 13, 2013
    Indy Northside `O=o-
    I went ahead & tried to make another order on things that showed an abundance in stock.

Cancelled next day, still showing increasing amount in stock.

I opened a chat log, the "helpful" rep sugggested that my account may have been hacked & that someone else was using my account which had a cc saved (didn't know they had an autosave feature, it has been deleted) to just wreak havock in my life by cancelling orders.

Uh,, ok.
    Agreed, that was a dumb rep. You would have had a string of confirmation emails. And why would a hacker cancel your orders? They would gain nothing.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Look at the item again online, and it probably will show out of stock now.

I've had that happen before on Walmart.com. I'll find an item that I want that is only in one store within a 20 mile radius, so I order it, pay for it and get an email either a few hours later or the next day saying that the order is cancelled. When I go back to check the item at their store again, it shows out of stock online. Probably a lag or some slop in their online inventory system.
    More likely they only ship from fulfillment warehouses and never from stores.
    Warehouse ships 5 to the fulfilment warehouse, 10 to your local store.
    Online sells all 5. Store Sells 5.
    Now when you go to order, the source for your order is out, and they have no mechanism to send one of those 5 in your store back up the chain to transfer to the fulfilment warehouse, or direct ship to you. Most retail stores are not set up to ship something direct from the store.

I suspect the only way you are going to get it is to drive to the store or add it to a grocery delivery order where they bring your groceries to you instead of curbside. But I'd recommend against that because I see inquiries on local social media where my neighbors are asking either if somebody got their walmart delivery, or if anyone is missing a delivery because boxes magically appeared on their porch. I think they sub those out to door dashers and the like.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    It was tires, they have virtually no options in the store for what I believe is a common size 215/60/r16, all online.

Interesting thought, rolling 10-15 years in the future to a possible documentary "The Rise & Fall of the Walmart Empire"

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    My wife has had several occasions where certain items are “out of stock” only to find them on the shelf when she’d go in and check for herself. But I don’t know if we’ve ever had orders outright cancelled like that.
    Me and the wife were both down with the flu last winter, and tried the grocery delivery thing with Kroger. Half of the items we ordered were supposedly “out of stock”, but my daughter went to the same Kroger an hour later and got every single item we needed!

“Out of stock” has become the same as “because of covid”, which translates into “sorry, we don’t give a ****, sucks to be you”.

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    178   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    Me and the wife were both down with the flu last winter, and tried the grocery delivery thing with Kroger. Half of the items we ordered were supposedly “out of stock”, but my daughter went to the same Kroger an hour later and got every single item we needed!

“Out of stock” has become the same as “because of covid”, which translates into “sorry, we don’t give a ****, sucks to be you”.

My wife had similar issues with the clicklist at Kroger, substituting crazy things if they "stated" they didn't have it in stock.

My wife is detail oriented, does lots of coupons & Kroger makes a significant % errors (always in their favor) with the coupons.

It is really sad to see everything with customer service deteriorating as rapidly as it is.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    My wife had similar issues with the clicklist at Kroger, substituting crazy things if they "stated" they didn't have it in stock.

My wife is detail oriented, does lots of coupons & Kroger makes a significant % errors (always in their favor) with the coupons.

It is really sad to see everything with customer service deteriorating as rapidly as it is.
    substututions at walmart are apparently driven by the picker. And not all of them are too bright. I had one person try to sub honey roasted cashews for Dry roasted peanuts. Its all the same, right?

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    substututions at walmart are apparently driven by the picker. And not all of them are too bright. I had one person try to sub honey roasted cashews for Dry roasted peanuts. Its all the same, right?
    If they gave me honey roasted cashews at the price of dry roasted peanuts I'd be a happy man! :):

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    If they gave me honey roasted cashews at the price of dry roasted peanuts I'd be a happy man! :):
    Actually during the height of Covid, I was doing grocery pickup (not delivered) and had several times where Kroger substituted a brand name or larger, higher priced product for what I had ordered, and always at the lower price.
    While I prefer to shop myself now, that was actually a good perk during the pandemic, and I appreciated the pickup service and their pricing substitute policies quite a bit.

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Actually during the height of Covid, I was doing grocery pickup (not delivered) and had several times where Kroger substituted a brand name or larger, higher priced product for what I had ordered, and always at the lower price.
    While I prefer to shop myself now, that was actually a good perk during the pandemic, and I appreciated the pickup service and their pricing substitute policies quite a bit.
    I just kept on shopping as normal. I'm too picky to let someone else do it. I don't even like to have DoggyMama do it. :lmfao:

Top Bottom