• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    I went to the westfield store. They have some but not a ton. The guy behind the counter told me right up front that walmart was no longer going to be selling 22 ammo. I said that I had read about that online and he said that is what they are being told at the stores. He was the sporting goods manager and was definitely still enforcing the 3 box limit lol.

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    I went to the westfield store. They have some but not a ton. The guy behind the counter told me right up front that walmart was no longer going to be selling 22 ammo. I said that I had read about that online and he said that is what they are being told at the stores. He was the sporting goods manager and was definitely still enforcing the 3 box limit lol.

I can honestly see where this may be the truth. After the election,guns will be banned so who needs ammo.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I'm having a hard time trying to wrap my head around the "3 box limit" still after all this time has passed....Must be those super gun owners fault

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    My kids shoot the 22LR for practice... Its not for personal defense. :ar15:Its much more economical than letting them rip off a case of .223! I havent been able to find any at a reasonable price.

2 people at Walmart said they were discontinuing to sell 22 ammo. Like I said, some of the ammo they had didnt even have a place on the shelf. The guy scanned it and the ammo wasn't in their system so he couldnt sell it to me.

I have had that issue before with Walmart, and turned out the 22LR that was not in the system was because he was scanning a brick of the individual boxes, and they were supposed to have unpacked the box and sold them as individual boxes of 50, as it was not a bulk pack brick.

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    For the first time in many years, I bought 3 bulk packs of Federal 22 LR AutoMatch at a wallyworld. End times must be upon us soon...:nailbite:

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Interesting development. Told a friend that the Kokomo Wallyworld had 22 in stock. He goes there 1 hour after I did and is told that they are "Sold Out". Different clerk on duty than the one I had. Clerk I had was very helpful and volunteered that they had piles of 22 ammo in the back room.

Update: Friend was with his wife at wallyworld. He shopped around the store with her for 20 minutes. He then sent his wife back to the ammo counter; Lo and behold, she was able to pick up 3 boxes of ammo.

Update II: Told my wife about our friend trying to buy .22 at wallyworld. Later this afternoon, she stopped by there and picked up three more boxes of Federal Auto Match. She told me that I cannot touch them. They are for her to use with her S&W 22A-1. :ar15:

Last edited:

Mounty09

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 12, 2010
    Noblesville
    Left Walmart in noblesville at about 3:30 and they had 2 boxes of 333 Winchester left on the shelf. I said I heard you were going to stop selling .22. Clerk told me probably not, just not in the system.

sgreen3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Jan 19, 2011
    Scottsburg,In
    Gonna have to check my local WM and see what they have. Since I got a heavy barrel 10/22 about a month ago I could use a little more ammo to go with it!

SnoopLoggyDog

Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Picked up two more 100 round packs of Winchester 22 at the Marion Walmart. All they had left in the display case.

Top Bottom