• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • canav844

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 22, 2011
    Don't do any of what he said. ^
    Did I forget the purple? Do the ATF's 2,000 agents spread across 50 states have time to go check on every walmart that they've got a report of not committing a crime? Either it's a legitimate complaint or we've got a "responsible gun owner" blowing smoke up a manager's rear about if the ATF walked in here right now...

drysdaleg

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 9, 2012
    Well gentlemen, i guess we have a few comedians here, so since so many of you took the opportunity to arrogantly smear this man's thread with your poor taste in humor, i hope for your sakes you don't ever need to get a job in retail where you have responsibility for the inventory in your department. Somehow, excusing your arrogance again, you somehow missed what i believe was the main context of this story.
    This man was with his wife and child, in a store where there are many children who somehow manage to run around without anyone taking responsibility for their actions. Well, kids are naturally drawn toward things they think might be 1)dangerous 2)"grown up" toys and 3)anything that might cause some excitement-i.e. fireworks, power tools, high powered machinery, etc. so this man, being smart enough to take all this into account, did the right thing, putting the general welfare of others before himself, and set an example- pretty damn responsible and something to be commended for i would say- oh, and by the way for those who haven't been following their Walmart current events- maybe you should check this out- http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=94INAruvOrA , and then think of the open case(s) of firearms and/or ammo
    thank you sir!

kjf40

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 31, 2011
    Lake county
    :): I don't think this is the response he was hoping for

Well these people can hack on others because they are perfect in their grammer and sentence composition....kudos to you perfect people.

OP...thanks for posting your story, I've seen things like this also.

piper

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 15, 2011
    Way to go walmart. Good job getting the problem taking care of and preventing something small from potentially turning into something bigger.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Tanks for doing the responsible thing, in as adult manner.

Not sure posting photos will help the situation though. If I were that manager, the situation would now have had the appropriate "irreversible corrective action" applied.

Backyardace

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 16, 2012
    Sounds to me that Walmart is going to a self-serve policy. I wonder if you have to call in your own Federal Firearms Check?

Nice of the OP to wait for the issue to be resolved.

WebSnyper

Time to make the chimichangas
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Jul 3, 2010
    ... I told him I was the one that called over there phone and told him everything that was wrong. I then told him that of an ATF or someone came in and saw that yet could easily lose there license to sell firearms...

Can you quote the reg/law that would have them lose their FFL? I'm not aware of an ATF reg for an FFL to lock up guns from customers during store hours, etc. As stated by others, many gun stores have guns out in racks, etc.

There is enough misinformation among Walmart employees without providing them more.

That said, it probably broke several of Walmart's internal policies, and is may not be a great idea for such a store to leave the keys, out, etc.

I may have stopped by the CS desk just to advise them of the situation as it is not the normal condition in a WM, but I would not have jumped all over the manager, as it is simply not my place to do that in that situation.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    1-800-walmart can solve a lot of problems.I bet corporate would be very interested in this nonsense. Cameras are no substitute for a brain. :)

You're funny, been there done that. No one cares squat about their crappy CS in corperate. Yet they can't understand why sales are on a downward spiral.

Elkaholic

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    Johnson County
    You done the right thing to wait till someone shoed up but chances are they didnt pass on the problem to the rest of the company. While in Colorado last year on an elk hunt we stopped by Walmart and a guy brought in a AK looking for a stock pad for it.

amboran

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 25, 2008
    Brownstown,IN
    You're funny, been there done that. No one cares squat about their crappy CS in corperate. Yet they can't understand why sales are on a downward spiral.
    Sorry to burst your bubble-walmart's sales are up quite a bit corporate wide-my son works there -and yes corporate does hold each one in mgmt. at store level accountable for 1800 walmart issues.:)

longbarrel

Expert
    Rating - 91.7%
    22   2   0
    Nov 1, 2008
    Central Indiana
    If you have a smart phone you can download the free Photobucket app and download your pics to there if you have a PB account. You can also send your pic to Facebook & then download it to your PC to download here. There's other places you can send it to from your phone. Those are the main ones I use. I'm sure others probably know other places to send your pics to so you can download it.

When you go to post it here just make sure you click on the yellow box with the hill (above in the middle) & then post the link in the pop up box. You may have to clear the http: from the box when it pops up before you post your link.

e-mail??

Top Bottom