• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Craigery

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2012
    NW Indianapolis
    Hello everyone! This walmart has 9mm, 40S&W and .38 Special in stock. Here is the funny story about that. I came into town for some military stuff this weekend and got in at about midnight. I checked the walmart and after about 30 minutes of waiting. The employee checked there stock to see if they had ANYTHING. He came back with a case of 40S&W. I bought three boxes. He said there could have been more ammo and to check back later

At around 5:30AM - I drug myself out of bed and went to the walmart again to see if I could get lucky with .22lr or .223. At this point he went back (not in the display case still) and said that they have 9mm, 40S&W and .38 special.

I asked him why they are keeping it back and not throwing it all out there - even after I ask them to go check for me. He said they don't want hoarders to come in and grab it all so they just make people wait and see if anyone asks for the ammunition.

I'm talking with the District Manager today because they should stock it and not be hoarding it in the back.

Thankfully I got some ammo though! It was Winchester 40S&W 100 round value pack for $34. Not too bad? :dunno:

pute62

Master
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 29, 2009
    Lawrence
    Sounds like because they keep it out of sight out of mind, you were able to buy ammo. Had it been out in the case, it would have already been gone. I kinda like the don't ask don't tell idea. But of course,people always want to mess with a good thing.

Boring2u

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 15, 2012
    I asked him why they are keeping it back and not throwing it all out there - even after I ask them to go check for me. He said they don't want hoarders to come in and grab it all so they just make people wait and see if anyone asks for the ammunition.

This frustrates me. Lack of consistency among stores. Either way you're making customers upset... At least if they stocked it someone would buy it. Eventually those reselling would have a surplus and have to cut prices too. I thought Walmart just wanted to offer low prices and move product.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    Sounds like because they keep it out of sight out of mind, you were able to buy ammo. Had it been out in the case, it would have already been gone. I kinda like the don't ask don't tell idea. But of course,people always want to mess with a good thing.

:yesway:

This frustrates me. Lack of consistency among stores. Either way you're making customers upset... At least if they stocked it someone would buy it. Eventually those reselling would have a surplus and have to cut prices too. I thought Walmart just wanted to offer low prices and move product.

Upset or Angry that You couldn't buy it all ? Thats my local Wal-Mart and I applaud their policy :yesway:

pitbulld45

Follower of I AM
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 27, 2012
    Terre Haute
    I had a stock boy at the south Walmart tell me that he just unloaded a pallet of ammo and he saw .22 long on it. I waited till the sporting goods manager came back, I told him I wanted .22 long. He told me they didnt have any. When I said what the stock boy told me he informed me that he wouldnt sell me any, that he had a person that comes and buys everything. I guess he must have a side deal or something. Looking back I should have spoke to the store manager but I didnt.

Top Bottom