• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Blackdog765

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 16, 2012
    I'm laughing to myself... just left Walmart, was checking out some of the ammo, etc.. The two clerks behind the counter were asking another customer, "What's going on? I've never seen so many people buying ammo before - are we going to war or something?".

Another customer laughed and said something to the effect that "yes, we are about to be attacked".

But the counter help was genuinely puzzled as to why the sudden interest in ammo.

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I too am puzzled. Why the sudden interest in ammo?

My guess is a knee jerk reaction to the election. Just another idiot gun/ammo grab before "dem libs is gunna take 'em away!" Does nothing more than temporarily drive up the price of ammo/guns, and depletes the supply.

CitiusFortius

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2012
    NWI
    My guess is a knee jerk reaction to the election. Just another idiot gun/ammo grab before "dem libs is gunna take 'em away!" Does nothing more than temporarily drive up the price of ammo/guns, and depletes the supply.

It's a cyclical problem that I admit to being a part of. I'm not buying now because I think the govt will take it away, I'm buying because I'm afraid of other gun owners fearing government takeover buying up everything.

Make sense to you? Because it doesn't to me.

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US

Spoken like someone that didn't get to Walmart in time to buy the last 550 pack of .22 LR ammo.

Mustang380gal

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 13, 2012
    Ohio's Amish Country
    My husband and I discussed this over lunch. He's stocking up on .45acp and 30.06, along with reloading supplies for the same. He also has been looking on gunbroker for a specific rifle more for the fun of having it. Now it has become priority.

After Benghazi, I don't trust the CIC in regard to AlQaida, so I want to be prepared for whatever comes up. I don't think they'll get a ban soon, but I am not so sure that we will remain safe on the homefront.

N8RV

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 8, 2012
    Peoria
    Or, in my case, my original 500 rounds that I purchased when I bought my M-4 a few weeks ago is nearly gone. I had bought 1000 rounds of Penetrator, not knowing the difference -- and then found out that you can't shoot steel with it.

In anticipation of upcoming courses that will likely involve shooting steel, I needed to buy some 55gr ... and it just happened to be NOW. Therefore, technically, I became part of the problem. Harrumph.:(

bobzilla

Mod in training (in my own mind)
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 1, 2010
    Brownswhitanon.
    I'm just sitting and waiting for this mad rush to slow down, the store shelves to restock then I'll get some. I've been buying a little here, a little there for a while. I am not afraid of them taking it away, I just hate running out to buy some when I am out shooting.

Light

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 9, 2012
    Near Fort Wayne
    I bought a 1000 rounds of 7.62x39. Got 290 rounds with the gun and was almost out. Hoped to get it before the election because I assumed the prices would rise. Just bad timing on my part, but I didn't have money for it sooner.

I plan to buy some more boxes of .22 from the local store too. This is all for my "prepping" and I had it planned weeks ago but bad timing as I mentioned.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    I buy ammo whenever I can afford it or when I find a good deal.

I think events like elections really don't scare people into panic buying so often as they cause people to seriously reflect on their ammo situation. I'm betting that many of the people out frantically buying up ammo the past few days have been people who have needed to buy some ammo for months if not years and have finally gotten motivated to stock up a little bit.

nm0369

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    58   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Indy Southside
    I stopped by Wallyworld on the way home to browse .45acp, and the shelve was almost cleaned out. The only thing left was Tula, 50ct WWB and high end JHP :n00b: Maybe I'll start stockpiling the 100ct Federal boxes when I find them!

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    Or, in my case, my original 500 rounds that I purchased when I bought my M-4 a few weeks ago is nearly gone. I had bought 1000 rounds of Penetrator, not knowing the difference -- and then found out that you can't shoot steel with it.

In anticipation of upcoming courses that will likely involve shooting steel, I needed to buy some 55gr ... and it just happened to be NOW. Therefore, technically, I became part of the problem. Harrumph.:(

You aren't part of the problem, just like I wasn't when I started buying guns and ammo in '08. I did not start buying guns becuase of Obama, I just had a sudden urge to start a new hobby. Then it bit me and I started paying attention to the world around me.

Anyway... guys like you or I are just caught in the **** storm of all the other retards buying **** just to buy it. I personally know several people who bought ammo that they had not a single firearm for last time just becuase they thought they "needed some."

Top Bottom