• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • LEO IN TRAINING

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 19, 2010
    wheatfield, indiana
    :ar15:well i keep seeing everyone talking about a ammo limit at walmart and had my first limit ever in valpo store...they finally had ammo there this week and i went to get 15 boxes of 9mm and 15 boxes of 45auto and he told me that there was a 6 box limit, i will tell you that i probably will have to wait a month to see it up there again...only had my boys that are only 4 and 7 with me so i had to settle for the 6....i think it sucks though needed to stock up on some range ammo..

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    I have to be the Devil's Advocate here. I agree with the limits b/c if one guy goes in and buys it all the rest of us are screwed. I try to think of my fellow shooters. PUTS FLAME SUIT ON!

scott08

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2009
    The walmarts around here are so hit or miss. Mainly on the miss side of it. I have have seen 9 and 45 maybe 3 times ever. They sell out so fast.

sawgunner74

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 13, 2009
    nwi
    logansport walmart limits one box per customer(thats all they ever have):rolleyes: ill have to go to valpo somtime(15 boxes in stock wow).

Dog1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 15, 2010
    Clark County, Indiana
    I have to be the Devil's Advocate here. I agree with the limits b/c if one guy goes in and buys it all the rest of us are screwed. I try to think of my fellow shooters. PUTS FLAME SUIT ON!

They are also in place because of some, not all, but some dealers, buying it there and then marking it up and re-selling it in their stores and at gunshows.

I know first hand of 2 dealers, small time dealers, that were doing the very thing at 2 local WM. When finally outed by other customers, they were banned from the stores.

That very same Federal 22 that was $12.97 a box-When WM had it-was seen at 2 local dealers for $20-25 a box on their shelves.

muncie1

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 31, 2010
    I avoid shopping at walmart. But it is their store and I agree with the limits although at least you can find it. I saw a lot of ammo at the INDY 1500 and that's the most I have seen in over a year. I am gald someboy has it. I'll put my flame suit on too.

sporter

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 9, 2009
    Southern, Indiana
    I don't understand this mentality of "I went to WalMart and they would only sell me 6 boxes and now I am pissed"

Try going more often and whining less. Learn the days they stock the shelves. Heck make a little effort and you'll be so stocked with ammo you will won't go back for a year.

ShooterLee

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Dec 21, 2009
    I rarely have to worry about the limit, I generally find that they never have more than a box or two of what I actually want.

PatriotPride

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 18, 2010
    Valley Forge, PA
    Hey I live right by that Walmart. It all depends on the salesman my friend. Wait for the stoner-looking guy, then chat him up about G23. Before you know it, you'll be one your way with 10+ boxes of ammo. ;) Also, don't worry about their stock---they've had the case consistently filled for about a month now. :D PM me, and maybe next time you're going for an ammo run I'll come with and help you out with the limit :D

Colt556

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    65   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    Avon
    They are also in place because of some, not all, but some dealers, buying it there and then marking it up and re-selling it in their stores and at gunshows.

I know first hand of 2 dealers, small time dealers, that were doing the very thing at 2 local WM. When finally outed by other customers, they were banned from the stores.

That very same Federal 22 that was $12.97 a box-When WM had it-was seen at 2 local dealers for $20-25 a box on their shelves.

I'm afraid that the good old days when gun guys stuck together are long gone. Now it's all about ME and GREED.

Top Bottom