• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Continued Creed talk. Uggghhh. Being a self proclaimed Walther fanboy it will be hard for me not to impulse buy one of these. I figure 2017 will be the year of the $300 9mm handgun. Walther Creed, Ruger SR9, Ruger LC9, Smith SD9, M&PShield. Cheap, cheap, cheap. I say run the lines and stack em deep. Everyone will own one.

smythe012

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 99.3%
    147   1   0
    Nov 9, 2011
    Northwest Indiana
    I know the capacity is different, but from a price/quality standpoint, would you take the Creed over a TP9SF? I'm looking at both. It would be a fun/ trunk gun.

Last edited:

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Continued Creed talk. Uggghhh. Being a self proclaimed Walther fanboy it will be hard for me not to impulse buy one of these. I figure 2017 will be the year of the $300 9mm handgun. Walther Creed, Ruger SR9, Ruger LC9, Smith SD9, M&PShield. Cheap, cheap, cheap. I say run the lines and stack em deep. Everyone will own one.

I'm not sure the Creed offers me anything over the PPX.

However, when Rural King starts selling them for $250 like they did the PPX for a while, it will be tough to say no. That's a stocking stuffer!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    My kid got one of their .380 last year for Christmas. It does run very well, and is quite accurate. That said, I don't like it. The ergonomics are all wrong, and some of the controls are just plain weird compared to most guns designed for the American market.

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    When I say the ergonomics are all wrong, I don't mean it's uncomfortable to shoot, it's not. It actually points and shoots very comfortably. I mean reaching and manipulating the controls. Maybe my little girl hands is part of it, but I just don't like 'em.

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    My kid got one of their .380 last year for Christmas. It does run very well, and is quite accurate. That said, I don't like it. The ergonomics are all wrong, and some of the controls are just plain weird compared to most guns designed for the American market.

When I say the ergonomics are all wrong, I don't mean it's uncomfortable to shoot, it's not. It actually points and shoots very comfortably. I mean reaching and manipulating the controls. Maybe my little girl hands is part of it, but I just don't like 'em.

Are you talking about a PPK or PPK/S?

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Are you talking about a PPK or PPK/S?

Don't forget the PK380. They are soft shooting and accurate little pistols. Problem is the reverse slide mounted safety, lack of a proper decocker and the quirkiness and reliability issues that surround the 380 cartridge. Basically they a 380 version of the P22.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    I'd love to have a ppk or ppks. It was a pk380.

My wife had one and really liked it. Problem is it would not run with certain ammo. Very picky. Traded it off for an SW1911. Problem is the same damn gun somehow found its way back onto my range with another lady. I know it was the same gun because I cut the foam in the carry case to accommodate a small weapon light. I learned a valuable lesson that day. I will no longer compromise anyones safety by knowingly trading a bad gun. Hence why I avoid the inexpensive or non-mainstream handguns.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy

I kinda chuckled when I read this post. I own every gun that you mentioned (well, my SR9 is a 9E....basically the same thing) except the Walther Creed. And that's only because I already have a Walther PPQ M2. I think we are living in somewhat of a golden age of firearms.

Brad69

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 16, 2016
    Perry county
    I purchased the PPX on a whim Rual King $250.00 This thing will outshine pistols that cost four times the price.
    If you do not have one you are wrong a poor mans PPQ.
    A unbelievable value!

DeadeyeChrista'sdad

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Feb 28, 2009
    winchester/farmland
    Quote Originally Posted by VERT View Post
    I kinda chuckled when I read this post. I own every gun that you mentioned (well, my SR9 is a 9E....basically the same thing) except the Walther Creed. And that's only because I already have a Walther PPQ M2. I think we are living in somewhat of a golden age of firearms.

So true. Just think how boring it would be without the left to fuel paranoia and the whole firearm economy. I think we should all give our favorite lefty a hug. Imagine the innovation Bill Clinton alone is responsible for!

rhino

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indiana
    Don't forget the PK380. They are soft shooting and accurate little pistols. Problem is the reverse slide mounted safety, lack of a proper decocker and the quirkiness and reliability issues that surround the 380 cartridge. Basically they a 380 version of the P22.

I'd love to have a ppk or ppks. It was a pk380.

Ah-HAH! I was not aware of the PK380! Thank you!

I purchased the PPX on a whim Rual King $250.00 This thing will outshine pistols that cost four times the price.
    If you do not have one you are wrong a poor mans PPQ.
    A unbelievable value!

Amen. At $250, they were essentially giving them away.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    Coon fingered a Creed today at the local fun store. Wow, that trigger is REALLY nice. If feels just like a Giessele SSA-E. It floats back out just like a standard Sig on the reset. Slide was was very easy to manipulate. I'm considering buying one for the price just because of the trigger. It's a little top heavy kinda hi point"ish".

Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    G & A tv just had a segment on this gun. 5.5 lb DOA trigger. That sounds really good. I had seen a little info on it but figured it was striker fired, not hammer fired.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    G & A tv just had a segment on this gun. 5.5 lb DOA trigger. That sounds really good. I had seen a little info on it but figured it was striker fired, not hammer fired.

Has a little flapper on the back as a hammer. It doesn't feel like 5.5#. It feels like a 2.5# take up to a wall which at that point the hammer is staged. Then another couple pounds and it breaks clean. Just like a SSA-E for those that have felt one of those

Top Bottom