Walther P22 @ Gander mtn for $249, good price?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    From what research Ive done online, it seems like a good price but you guys always seem to know where better deals are. So what do you guys thing of that price?

Prometheus

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Northern Indiana
    249 for a NIB? Thats not bad for gander. Coming from gander I'm guessing it's not a stainless/two tone. You could probably score a two tone for close to that price at a decent gun shop or gun show.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    That doesn't sound like a GM price on a P22. Are you sure that's not used? If that's NIB, it's a decent price. Make sure it comes with everything it's supposed to. You know, they didn't "accidentally" leave the mags out or something.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Gander Mountain prices actually come from corporate HQ and they're a certain percentage over book value, so you should see the same price on any new gun no matter what store you go into.

Stevenlong8

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2008
    Monroe Co.
    Make sure that it isn't a Calif, legal model. if so no suppressor fun for you. If it is the one with the threads id buy at that price, if NIB

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Im pretty sure its NIB price. It was in their flier in this sundays newspaper.

Ill have to check it out. If there is no threaded barrel, Im not interested anyway.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    Yeah, $250 for a NIB P22 is an EXCELLENT price.

And in several cases, $250 for USED is a good price, too.

They're fun plinkers, fer sure.

-J-

JBrockman

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Oct 8, 2008
    Amity, Johnson Count
    If they have this for that price you had better jump on it now! I was in there the weekend that the gun show was at Stout field a few weeks back and they had two in the case one plain and a two tone. Both of these guns that day were hitting the $300.00 mark the 2-tone alittle higher of course and this was with no accessories.
    I ended up buying a NIB 2 tone with laser and extra clips at Stout for a bit over the $350.00 figure and was very happy these are fun guns to shoot!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Outstanding price for a NEW gun

From what research Ive done online, it seems like a good price but you guys always seem to know where better deals are. So what do you guys thing of that price?

That is less than the distributors I deal with list this gun at dealer price so make sure it is NIB. Just about everyone is out of them so it surprises me that Gander Mountain, who is not known for giving things away cheap, is selling a P22 at this price.

Dick

Last edited:

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    Went to my local GM tonight and confirmed that they do indeed have new P22s on sale for $249. Unfortunatley for me, they sold out of the 6 they had yesterday with in 3 hours of opening......... and I was there when they opened (DOH! I need to get a sunday paper!).

anyway, they didnt have one I could even look at so Im still up in the air.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    and now triple confirmed...... called today to check on their incoming shipment of firearms they told me about Monday. 'did you guys get any P22s', to which the anwer was "Yes, we got a LOT of them", 'ok, can you hold one for me", "Um, can you come in today?" 'I plan to be there within the hour', "Ok, no need to hold one then, we got a LOT of them".

;)

And these are the threaded barrel ones. Not to bad, but need the pinky extension mag for sure!

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I only looked at 2, and they were both threaded. The thing I didnt realize before I got there was the threaded section of the barrel is not exposed. It has a cap that screws on the end. This cap has two flats, and the gun comes with a special wrench to remove this cap. You can see the parting line where the cap seats up against a shoulder.

Gun also comes with some other small tools, and a different section for the rear grip which I plan to install. 2 mags are included, one with a standard bottom plate, and one with a pinky extension bottom plate. Lock, paper work, and a spent casing also included.

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    I saw this in the flyer as well, and told myself not to do it. I even convinced myself there would be a catch to the deal when I got there. (I am now leaving to go to GM). Thanks guys!

:)

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    Pistolpete68
    Top Bottom