• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    I would like a suppressor for my walther p22 and i am not sure where to start any ideas?

I think it would be fun to have and save my ears in the process.

corronade

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 31, 2013
    kokomo
    Thanks for the info it was a good read to get me started.:yesway:
    Is there a Brand that i should look at, or is there different types of suppressors?
    I have looked at a adapter that used a car filter but i think a manufactured one would probubly be better and last longer.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    Mine runs awesome with the Gemtech Outback II...

WaltherP22withGemtech.jpg

ShootinIron

Plinker
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2012
    Martinsville
    P22 Suppressor....

I have shot all of the cans I sell. IMO You will not be able to tell / hear very much difference in the same size cans. It will be more of a choice of the baffle style, weight, and cost that you will end up deciding on after shooting them. Aluminum vs. steel, several small baffle cones vs. a one piece, weight, size, cost. For most guys it is a big decision for both time and money. I suggest you find a shop that carry several different cans that will take the time to show and explain the different cans to you inside and out. "If you are a serious buyer" don't hesitate to ask to see how the cans are made and the pros and cons of each. Just because a can is high $ does not make it the best bang for the buck, in fact a couple of the less expensive cans from different companies are my favorites.

Phil~

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 3, 2012
    Transient wanderer..
    I would like a suppressor for my walther p22 and i am not sure where to start any ideas?

I think it would be fun to have and save my ears in the process.

This is the Huntertown Arms B22 Suppressor mounted to AGS's Walther 22 demo gun. As you can see, this little beastie is perfectly suited and designed with the Walther small caliber rimfire pistol in mind. Coming in under 4" in OAL, it sports a lightweight aluminum can body, baffles and is equipped with the "K" baffel design.

This dude is so light, it's barely noticible on the end of the gun and whether you run it wet or dry while shooting sub-sonic ammo, you'll find the sound shockingly quiet!

It's a real "hoot to shoot" and with an inexpensive price tag of only $249 bux, it's a no-brainer, fun-to-own muzzle kazoo! Works GREAT on the GSG 1911-22 or GSG 9-22 too!!

There are numerous Indiana Class III dealers we do biz with that have acces to these little gems and I do know that 21st. Century Firearms has them in stock.

Good luck with your purchase! :)

walther22_B22001.jpg

InRon

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Mar 12, 2013
    I like the Huntertown - made in Indiana. I like that they come apart for cleaning without special tools. I've got a Guardian Xl waiting for me when the paperwork comes through. Probably in July, I hope.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    When it comes to .22 cans, user serviceability was the major factor that led me to make the decision I did. I spent several hours at HUSH last year and shot several cans, most suppress very well and any difference I noticed was in pitch not volume. After talking to the Gemtech guys a while I decided to do a lot of research on the companies instead of their respective products, after all, any issues and you can't just go to Walmart and get a new baffle or tube, so customer service is a huge deal in the suppressor world. Gemtech prides themselves on their long history, Silencerco prides themselves on a superior design, Thompson / Huntertown seem to operate on a low cost good customer service platform. Other than those the only other can I looked at was the Spectre II. You're already going to have to wait a while for your stamp, don't rush your decision. Pick the company and product that will best fill your needs.

Top Bottom