• Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    Ok people...I just bought this today at the Outdoorsman....seems pretty nice but for being touted as a ergonomic weapon the hammer is dang tight....It hurts to cock it after a while...The slide racks like a dream though...it is really comfortable in my hands though...I cant wait to shoot it and I will probably replace my LCP as primary carry gun for the winter anyway....Anybody got a holster for this guy cause I might be interested....Here is a picture....kind of grainy as it is a little dark in here....

mms_picture-1.jpg

HamsterStyle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Jul 27, 2010
    Carthage
    I sure do love my P22 and I really wanted a pk380 but I have read they have some premature wear issues on the slide. Between that and the fact the ammo is more expensive than 9mm I passed. That said, gander mountain has some .380 on sale for $15 a box I believe. They also have the pk380 tOday only I think for $329 and the P22 for $299 again. Double check their Saturday only sales online before you go but I think that's right

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I asked them to match the price at gandermountain when I bought it...I will let you know how it performs....it is going to be interesting

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    slide wear issues

What kind of slide wear issues should I be watching for?

I sure do love my P22 and I really wanted a pk380 but I have read they have some premature wear issues on the slide. Between that and the fact the ammo is more expensive than 9mm I passed. That said, gander mountain has some .380 on sale for $15 a box I believe. They also have the pk380 tOday only I think for $329 and the P22 for $299 again. Double check their Saturday only sales online before you go but I think that's right

Armed-N-Ready

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    Ft. Wayne
    Recoil?

You are going to be shocked at the light recoil for a 380. I have about 1k through mine. Sent it back when the safety/decocker lever broke, had it back in about a week with no further problems. Accurate little gun, slide is easy to rack and the light recoil make it a pleasure to shoot.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 21, 2010
    I have a ruger lcp. Despite being light the recoil is very manageable. The weight difference between this and my Glock 19 is minimal so I anticipate the recoil will be relatively non-existent. I bought this gun because I liked how it looked but everyone seems to have some issue to report with it. We will see...

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    What kind of slide wear issues should I be watching for?

The top of the chamber gets all marred up or gouged.

The weight difference between this and my Glock 19 is minimal so I anticipate the recoil will be relatively non-existent. I bought this gun because I liked how it looked but everyone seems to have some issue to report with it.

The PK380 is a good shooter. Very light recoil and easy to chamber a round. The safety leaves a bit to be desired.

Bought one for the wife last fall..I like the gun but do not like the way it was designed to be taken down..The tool for the slide seperation is a joke and wears out quickly...

Yep I hate the take down tool.

dhw9am

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 13, 2008
    Then there is a Bersa Thunder 380. Much cheaper, very accurate, very
    reliable. It is also very, very easy to take down, and no tools needed.

t413

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 3, 2010
    NE IN
    I like my PK380, its very slim with low recoil and easy to rack the slide.
    Its a gun I recommend to elderly friends now that have arthritis.
    In the past I have recommended a Glock 19 and after watching someone with arthritis trying to rack a slide was like watching a horrible train wreck......
    Then a .38spl revolver to someone with arthritis...yet again.....

If you know anyone that is doesn't like recoil, elderly or has arthritis, this gun is one of my top choices.
    Better than a P22 .22lr, but just as easy to operate.

Its also easy to conceal in a Barsony Leather IWB Holster.

Top Bottom