• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    Ok, I wanted a ppk but settled for the ppk/s....i talked myself into it since it has the larger magazine and Russ at Elmore's gave me a good deal on it....I have an unfired Glock 19 and this that I need to shoot...based solely on appearance I am happy with this one so far...
    photobucket-6602-1328642017490.jpg

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    Sweet! Kind of makes me miss the one I used to own. That would carry nicely in a black leather Bare Asset holster from High Noon Holsters...worked perfectly for my SIG P232 before I sold it. If they'd figure out a way to reverse the safety, the PPK/S would be my favorite .380.

Pocketman

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 11, 2010
    DA, loaded chamber indicator and decocker (safety) make this an ideal gun to carry a round chambered. It's also important having one in the tube if you need to use it in a hurry.

Been carrying a PPK/S for over 30 years. First was a West German Interarms with a rather stiff DA trigger. Current is an American Interarms and it's much smoother. Both were reliable and accurate.

I've heard both positive and negative about the S&W (all the PPKs actually). I believe S&W have worked the bugs out of their model, so yours should serve you well. Although my German PPK/S gave me a three stitch scar on my thumb, not sure if I like the extended tang though.

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    agreed

that is the reason i bought it--for pocket carry..tired of israel carrying my glock 26..i can carry this one chambered, worry free, with safety on....these have a very stiff first trigger and a safety that wont slip off of safety...i had a used smith and wesson walther ppk which i sold to my uncle and it was flawless...i expect the same out of this one...would have preferred the smaller one but 8 shots is nice as compared to seven....as to the scars...my hands are long but narrow from thumb to pinky so i have no problem with the slide bite but others definitely would
    DA, loaded chamber indicator and decocker (safety) make this an ideal gun to carry a round chambered. It's also important having one in the tube if you need to use it in a hurry.

Been carrying a PPK/S for over 30 years. First was a West German Interarms with a rather stiff DA trigger. Current is an American Interarms and it's much smoother. Both were reliable and accurate.

I've heard both positive and negative about the S&W (all the PPKs actually). I believe S&W have worked the bugs out of their model, so yours should serve you well. Although my German PPK/S gave me a three stitch scar on my thumb, not sure if I like the extended tang though.

Koukalaka

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    91   0   0
    Jan 2, 2010
    Madison County
    One advantage of the newer S&W version is that the feed ramp of the barrel and the ramp of the frame are machined together as a single piece...this should reduce failures to feed. I had a late-model S&W version and it was 100% reliable with any ammunition.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I made the husband's mistake and bought one for my wife. The blowback spring is very stiff and requires a significant effort to load or release the slide. My wife gave up on it because she couldn't operate it. It also requires a strong wrist to prevent misfeeds. I never could get through a full clip without a jam. We gave up on it and it now collects dust in my closet. Otherwise it's a fantastic little handgun. I now use/carry a SIG 232.

spartan933

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2008
    Porter County
    Ok, I wanted a ppk but settled for the ppk/s....i talked myself into it since it has the larger magazine and Russ at Elmore's gave me a good deal on it....I have an unfired Glock 19 and this that I need to shoot...based solely on appearance I am happy with this one so far...

Yep, I am where you were at. I want one, I am talking myself into. My lady has a Sig P238, which is a kick butt little gun, but I want the PPK/S. Just so cool looking and it is James Bond's gun after all. I am pricing them out now and am going to see what kind of deal I can get on one at the Valpo Gun Show next weekend.

Top Bottom