• Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    The PPQ made me sell my P30...I just bought a VP9. Still loving the PPQ more...trigger feels better to me, but not a deal killer...anyway, both are nice guns. If I had to choose one, it'd be the PPQ...I have thousands of rounds through it with no FTFs/FTEs. Buried it in sand in a class (the instructor was curious about the PPQ's reliability) and he put it through a bunch of crap and it ran flawlessly.

What is really turning me off on the VP9 is the availability and cost of the VP9/P30 magazines. 40 to 50 bucks is absolutely RIDICULOUS for magazines.

Anyway...best thing to do is buy both!!!

craigkim

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 6, 2013
    Fishers
    The PPQ made me sell my P30...I just bought a VP9. Still loving the PPQ more...trigger feels better to me, but not a deal killer...anyway, both are nice guns. If I had to choose one, it'd be the PPQ...I have thousands of rounds through it with no FTFs/FTEs. Buried it in sand in a class (the instructor was curious about the PPQ's reliability) and he put it through a bunch of crap and it ran flawlessly.

What is really turning me off on the VP9 is the availability and cost of the VP9/P30 magazines. 40 to 50 bucks is absolutely RIDICULOUS for magazines.

Anyway...best thing to do is buy both!!!
    Where are they $40!?!? I want four more at that price! I bought 2 back in November to bring me up to a sad grand total of 7 between my p30/vp9, but I think I paid $55 each then shipping. I can't find them anywhere now, except the auction sites.

Back in 2010 I think it was I bought my first hk45. I spent the next year with only two mags because I could only find them at auction. I broke down and bought a few. I now have seven for it and I bet I paid $60 average for them.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Too bad about mags. VP9 is on my radar but not on my list until availability of support equipment catches up. Walther had the same problem at one time.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Where are they $40!?!? I want four more at that price! I bought 2 back in November to bring me up to a sad grand total of 7 between my p30/vp9, but I think I paid $55 each then shipping. I can't find them anywhere now, except the auction sites.

Back in 2010 I think it was I bought my first hk45. I spent the next year with only two mags because I could only find them at auction. I broke down and bought a few. I now have seven for it and I bet I paid $60 average for them.

Usually Grabagun and Midway have 'em around $40, slightly more. I've seen specials from 35 to 39 when they come in.

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    I bought VP9 early on and was underwhelmed, for me it didn't do anything better than my G locks. And I don't even want to talk about extra mags, holsters, etc.. Meh

So far I find it to be superior to my Glocks in every way. As stated, mags are a problem. Holsters not a big deal for me as being left handed I never buy off the rack anyway. Dale Fricke is making holsters for it so I am set there

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    So far I find it to be superior to my Glocks in every way. As stated, mags are a problem. Holsters not a big deal for me as being left handed I never buy off the rack anyway. Dale Fricke is making holsters for it so I am set there

Glad you are getting good use out of it! I thought it was a good pistol, but like I said I will stick with Glock. Or my Beretta, I know I am a goofball. :)

cedartop

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    North of Notre Dame.
    Glad you are getting good use out of it! I thought it was a good pistol, but like I said I will stick with Glock. Or my Beretta, I know I am a goofball. :)

Here is the problem for me. It doesn't conceal as well as my G19. This make switching wholesale a dilemma. I love the paddle mag release and ambi slide release on the HK, but if I am going to put enough work into it to make them second nature it will screw with my Glock mannual of arms. In short, I may also stick with Glocks as EDC.

Woobie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 19, 2014
    Losantville
    I recently sold a couple of handguns I truly loved, just so I could afford to buy 2 ppq's. One for me, one for the missus. You can find them online for $550 or less. I got consecutive s/n's from impact guns for $540 each. I like the m2 better, but mags are $35-40. If you get the m1 with the paddle release, you can get p99 (or a variant thereof) mags for under $30. I don't really horde pistol mags, so it's not that big of a deal to me anyway. I love my Ppq's, and wouldn't hesitate to recommend one. I haven't fired a vp9, but I have held one. To me, the trigger was not nearly as nice, and it didn't offer anything the PPQ already didn't. However, if there were no PPQ, the vp9 would be the clear choice of the various medium striker pistols on the market, IMHO. But as with all things, YMMV. Whichever you get, you will be happy with it.

Fordtough25

Grandmaster
    Rating - 99.1%
    110   1   0
    Apr 14, 2010
    Jefferson County
    Here is the problem for me. It doesn't conceal as well as my G19. This make switching wholesale a dilemma. I love the paddle mag release and ambi slide release on the HK, but if I am going to put enough work into it to make them second nature it will screw with my Glock mannual of arms. In short, I may also stick with Glocks as EDC.

I concur on the conceal and manual of arms issues. They are pretty close in size but the grip is longer on the HK for sure. And I didn't mind the paddle release either but the rest of my pistols are in the standard location, memory fail!

Brazilbilly

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 27, 2013
    Clay county
    I was leaning toward the VP9. But after handling both at my local LGS multiple times, I pulled the trigger on the PPQ.
    I'm very happy with it so far. :rockwoot:

Attachments

• PPQ 2.JPG
      PPQ 2.JPG
      357.1 KB · Views: 8
    Last edited:

Old Reliable

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 24, 2010
    Jeffersonville
    I own a VP9 and a PPQ M2 5". I like them both very much, but carry a Glock 19. When will someone make a gun that is not a bit bigger, a bit smaller, but the same size as a 19/23? Both the HK and the Walther have been dead reliable and a pleasure to shoot, but if I had to pick... Walther PPQ. I don't plan to part with either.

Csquared

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 3, 2014
    Vigo County
    I just picked up an HK VP9 today from my LGS and brought it home and immediately had to shoot it. I will say that it seems to be a very nice gun overall. I love the way it feels and it seems like it's not near as snippy as my PPQ. The trigger on the PPQ is superior but not by a huge margin.

I only got to put about 50 rounds through my VP9 but I can honestly say that it seems great! I am very happy with my purchase and so far I would not hesitate to recommend the VP9. The wings near the rear of the slide, and also the illuminate sights really set it apart from most other factory pistols.

TopDog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    I'm in the market for a new 9mm handgun. My search has come down to either the Walther PPQ 9mm or the HK VP9. Both seem like great guns and I am having a tough time deciding between the two. I've handled both at my LGS. They are in the same price range and have great reviews. I don't think either one would be a bad choice. Which makes the decision that much harder.
    I'm mainly looking for some input from someone who has actually owned one or both of these guns.

If you are still trying to decide... Clay County is about an hour from Avon. If you want to meet me at Parabellum range some time I would be happy to let you shoot both. Since you can not PM yet, just post a time and date to meet in this thread and I will acknowledge it in this thread.

nrgrams

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Jun 3, 2013
    Columbus
    I picked up a VP9 last year when they first rolled out. I was looking at PPQ's prior, but found that the complete modularity of backstraps and side panels made the decision for me. I have smaller hands, and the ability to customize it moreso than most handguns was a definite positive. Shortly after, I was looking for a nice suppressor host and picked up a P30L with a threaded barrel. The idea of being able to swap magazines between these two handguns is great, as now I have 8 magazines that are fully interchangeable.

NyleRN

Master
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 14, 2013
    Scottsburg
    I really like my VP9. I think their quality is tier 1. I like the slide profile better than the PPQ. The trigger is better on the PPQ but prefer the VP9 trigger from a defensive point of view. I view the trigger on the PPQ as a match grade trigger. It's almost too good for a defensive handgun. I'd prefer not to have an awesome match trigger under stress in a shoot/no shoot situation. Just a good trigger.

Top Bottom