• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    There's been several threads as of late about the same thing. The PPQ is an incredible pistol. It has an awesome trigger, superb ergonomics, more accurate then you will ever be, and it's reasonably priced. You most likely wont find version one. Walther America is opening very soon and the PPQ mk2 is on its way. The major difference is that Walther has decided to ditch the trigger guard mounted mag release for a typical button. This has saddened me greatly. If you live in Lake County, you're welcome to shoot mine at some range.

CTC B4Z

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    nUe-ten Kownt
    I personally have not shot one, but why not just a P99 AS???

IMO, the PPQ is a stripped down 99...... You cant match a decocker with the AS trigger...

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Unless you have the more crisp and precise trigger like a PPQ without the unnecessary decocker. :D both are excellent handguns, I've shot both and, IMO, the PPQ is better.

R33D0

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 10, 2010
    Own one with over 600 rounds through it. Never had a single problem, its one of the best handguns I own. Plus I just love the trigger on it.

Sonney

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    I love mine it is my daily carry. Trigger pull is great. Size you can conceal ok. Easy take down to clean. Very accurate.

Specialized

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 97.8%
    87   2   1
    Jan 26, 2011
    Highland, IN
    There's been several threads as of late about the same thing. The PPQ is an incredible pistol. It has an awesome trigger, superb ergonomics, more accurate then you will ever be, and it's reasonably priced. You most likely wont find version one. Walther America is opening very soon and the PPQ mk2 is on its way. The major difference is that Walther has decided to ditch the trigger guard mounted mag release for a typical button. This has saddened me greatly. If you live in Lake County, you're welcome to shoot mine at some range.

I'll second this, it's well-put. Only thing I would add to the above is that the ergonomics of the PPQ are outstanding -- it feels like an HK P30, but before their lawyers got a hold of the trigger and totally pooched it up beyond recognition. And, the PPQ's slide-release levers aren't so long that you constantly lock your slide back prematurely with your thumbs. Great gun; as far as I'm concerned, the best one Walther has put out with a polymer frame. I have one and will never get rid of it. Hope this helps -- good luck!

Indyhandgunner

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 19, 2012
    A friend of mine offered to sell me his PPQ a while back and I passed on the deal, as I couldn't justify buying another handgun at the time. Kinda kicking myself for not buying it now. If can find one reasonably priced, I'd say go for it. Not going to get much better if you're going the plastic route.

Top Bottom