• ...and so much more!
  • obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    forgive my newbness but...

I am looking for reviews, opinions, and thoughts on the Walther PPQ and P99 from people who own or have had extensive hands on experience.

I would love to get my hands on one to try out but have not yet had the pleasure, and I tent to get pretty bias in my head doing research.

backfire

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Nov 6, 2011
    I have a Magnum Research MR9 "Baby Eagle", which is simply a Walther P99 and PPQ hybrid handgun that blends all the best attributes of both guns into one- having a Single-action AND a Double-action mode...with a decocker.

It's a fantastic handgun that has proven to be exceptionally accurate and reliable for me, always eating anything it's fed and having a nice trigger with a short reset stroke. IMO, it's a far under-rated firearm that wasn't marketed very well, otherwise I bet it would be as popular as a Glock or Smith slide gun if folks' would have just gotten their hands on one to try.

Hope that helps.

cmepp18

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 10, 2012
    I own a PPQ .40 S&W, and I LOVE IT!!! It is an amazing gun. The ergonomics are second to none. Just get one in your hands and see for yourself. I only have a few hundred down the pipe so far, so I can't say too much about reliability, but so far so good. I actually use it for my EDC. There are deffinitely easier guns to conceal, but I OC most of the time so I don't really care. I think right now the 9mm's are hard to come by. Bottom line - I would highly recommend the PPQ in either 9 or .40.

obidya

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    Fort Wayne
    I own a PPQ .40 S&W, and I LOVE IT!!! It is an amazing gun. The ergonomics are second to none. Just get one in your hands and see for yourself. I only have a few hundred down the pipe so far, so I can't say too much about reliability, but so far so good. I actually use it for my EDC. There are deffinitely easier guns to conceal, but I OC most of the time so I don't really care. I think right now the 9mm's are hard to come by. Bottom line - I would highly recommend the PPQ in either 9 or .40.

I am leaning more towards the .40 myself, I just feel more comfortable with the larger caliber guns for some reason. I really need to find one to shoot, I imagine I would love it.

Stryker

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    I have been shooting a P99-9mm for a few years now. I tend to pick it up over my Glock 17 when I want a hi-cap 9. I also found police trade in P99 .40 mags really cheap and they were easy to convert to 9mm by tightening the lips.

netsecurity

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Oct 14, 2011
    Hancock County
    I have a PPQ First Edition, and it is my favorite pistol. Lightweight, solid engineering, modern lines, and it is highly accurate. It does take Baby Eagle mags, which are cheaper than Walther ones. Accuracy and recoil are as good or better than M&P.

96firephoenix

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Apr 15, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a P99, and it is amazing.

The only negative to it is the long trigger pull. Lots of shooting will get you used to it. I'm still getting used to it after about 300 rounds. The down side is when you shoot something else, the gun goes off after about a third of the pull that you're used to.

WestSider

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Apr 16, 2008
    Putnam County
    When I picked up the PPQ I thought it was the best feeling pistol I have ever picked up, like it was made for my hand....... BUT.........

Then I picked up a CZ P-01.

Top Bottom