• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JdsBiff

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 10, 2011
    Muncie
    I had the 9mm version for a short time. I liked the way it shot and felt. Great trigger. The only thing that would take time to get used to is the magazine release.

91FXRS

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    NWI
    I carry the 9 and love it. Mag release did take some adjusting, but after couple hundred rounds it felt normal(I use my middle finger to release it). I have put somewhere around 1500 rounds of different ammo with not 1 problem. The con that I did not realize till after I bought it was the fact that the gun will not fire if the back strap is removed.

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    I've had one ( 9mm version ) for a few months now. I've put a couple hundred rounds through it and no problems at all. The only issue I have had is not in finding holsters but finding mag pouches that will accommodate the rather oddly shaped mags. Especially the 8 rounders with the large foot on them. Otherwise nice gun and glad I got mine. The mag release did not take as long as I thought to get used to. In fact after shooting mine for a while I picked up my G19 right afterwards and found myself searching for the mag release on the trigger guard.

caverjamie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Dubois Co.
    I have a 9mm PPS - I like the trigger guard mag release better actually, I use my middle finger to release it. Compact and thin, the only downside might be capacity, especially with .40. I have no plans to get rid of mine.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    One of the officers on my department bought one. He'd had it for a little over a year and had put a couple hundred rounds through it when the slide stop spring popped out of the spot it is supposed to be captured causing the slide to lock open after every round. I put it back where it belonged but it wouldn't stay so I emailed Walther about having it repaired. $100 was the quote to repair it.

I won't buy from a company with that type of "customer service".

AKMSU

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Jan 4, 2014
    Westfield
    Love mine, it has been my regular carry piece for ~8 years now, I usually forget I am wearing it.. Love the way it shoots too, I have around 1200 rounds through it with out one hick-up (Steel case, +P, home loads, it eats everything)

Shift Zombie

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 3, 2011
    Some of the early ones had a few issues, check out the walther forums for tons of info on that. The only other qualm I had, when I owned one, was the "safety" backstrap. If you remove it, it disengages the firearm. I didn't like that. In my experience, if it can break it will. Otherwise, it was a nice shooter, and felt well made. All that being said, I was considering another one because it has the same battery of arms to my VP9 and would give me a carry option for when I was feeling lazy or just petering around the house.

poppy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 4, 2012
    South of Indy
    My wife and I had a chance to shoot a pps in 9mm. She liked it, a lot. Me, not so much as I am not a fan of anything whose barrel is less than 4 inches. She decided she wanted one for edc. Off we go to our lgs to purchase. Back home with the new purchase and to let the dogs out before heading to range. Two hours after purchase we were at the range where, after the 24th round of wwb, the pps froze up with the slide forward. Could not get the pps slide to open, nothing. Sent it to walther. They replaced the striker assembly. Back to the range with hornady 135 critical duty. First round fired but second round stuck horizontal and did not chamber as the nose of the bullet seemed to be caught on the forward feed ramp. Ok, so maybe it is picky on ammo. Tried speer gold dot 147gr. and had no issues.

Wife has since moved on to glock g4 19 as she did not feel confident in edc with the pps. I have since taken it out and ran the critical duty again with no issues but it sits in the safe most of the time. I also tend to stay away from semi autos that come with the caveat of putting several rounds down the pipe to break it in.

Top Bottom