• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jclark

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 24, 2009
    I have one in .40. It's my EDC. Not much on holsters......Fobus is the only affordable one I found.
    I would pick a 9mm if you don't like recoil.....the .40 is pretty snappy.

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    My friend has a PPS .40 that I’ve shot a few times. They are pretty snappy in the .40 flavor. You cannot beat how slim this gun is though. He has not had any issues with his PPS.

If you want a plain jane holster look at High Noon Holsters.

Product Line

My friend carriers his IWB in a “Bare Asset” and has never complained.

My only real beef is the cost. Even though it’s a solid gun it seems you may be paying a bit more for the name.

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    Early on there were some reports of the slide stop spring coming loose and jamming the slide, but I looked at mine and while it could happen, I also am pretty sure I could fix it. Having said that, I have around a thousand rounds through my .40 and love it for carry. The only issue I ever had was 1 fte within the first 50 rounds. No troubles since. I carry mine mostly in a Fobus OWB kydex holster.

Avi8tor

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jul 21, 2010
    Deep South
    Thanks for the info. Yeah I have been looking into them in 9mm. Looks like the only real problem is holsters but I will def. take the recommendations you gave

EdC

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 12, 2008
    Speedway, IN
    I've got the 9mm, lots of rounds through it, no problems.

Carry it in a Crossbreed, very nice. Also have a Bladetech that works better for some clothes. It'll also fit in a Desantis pocket holster for a j frame, for pocket carry in a heavier coat. I love miine, easy to carry, nice to shoot.

XMil

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    Columbus
    I carry one (.40)when concealment is a must. It's slimness is a real plus. I'm still using an Uncle Mikes for lack seeking a better option yet.

Fits in the front pocket of my riding jacket too.

Cam

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Oct 7, 2008
    Tipton County
    My wife has close to 1000 rounds through her 9mm. No complaints, nice gun. Only bad thing is the $55 magazines (when you can find them).

drillsgt

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    108   0   0
    Nov 29, 2009
    Sioux Falls, SD
    I like these alot, probably one of my favorite guns i'll never buy. With the long thin mag release I can't get to it. If it would have had a conventional maga release I would have bought one. I have friends who have shot them a lot and no reported issues.

WaltherFan

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    EM69XX aka Fishers
    I've got one in 40 and it's very thin and a nice carry. I ended up buying a 7 & 5 round mag for it $$$$. I've got three holsters I carry it in, one High Noon "pocket grabber", one High Noon ITW and one paddle Fobus. All are comfortable to carry.
    I give the gun two thumbs up. I've never had any issues with it at the range.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    My GF's mom bought one in .380 back in the mid 90's, and has since given it to us since she didn't shoot it at all. I don't really like it, recoil is a bit snappy, and the barrel seems to scuff on the slide a bit much.... but since I'm out a good bit in public during the summer, its a good carry piece for my cargo shorts and tube top. (just kidding)

iamaclone45

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2009
    Indiana
    My GF's mom bought one in .380 back in the mid 90's, and has since given it to us since she didn't shoot it at all. I don't really like it, recoil is a bit snappy, and the barrel seems to scuff on the slide a bit much.... but since I'm out a good bit in public during the summer, its a good carry piece for my cargo shorts and tube top. (just kidding)

I think you are talking about the PPK.

walther1.jpg

PPK is in the back.

Top Bottom