• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Jack Burton

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 9, 2008
    NWI
    In much of the United States, our collective efforts against wild pigs have been not unlike my crazed midnight run in Texas. Lots of activity without enough results. The problem isn't going to be solved without bringing some real weapons to bear. We need new hunters to step up to the plate and start hunting the invasive pigs in their own area. The existing hunting subculture probably can't do this on its own

Hunt wild pigs for the environment: Kill and eat invasive species. - Slate Magazine

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    "The existing hunting subculture probably can't do this on its own" should have been in purple

Not if it is the truth.

I was in Texas during the mid-90s when they were starting to whine about pigs.

I asked why they did not just go shoot them. I was told that no one wanted to do it and there was demand to do so.

I rolled my eyes and bit my tongue and now we have articles such as this.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I thought a thread about shooting pigs was going to have something to do with Wal-Mart. :D
    :joke:

10,000 comedians out of work, but you can always count on this place. Reminds me of one movie scene, after a horde of animals had escaped from the (Washington, D.C.) zoo.

Because of you, this entire city is being overrun by baboons.
    Well ... isn't that the fault of the voters?

357 Terms

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    Between SB and FT.W
    Texas has a real problem, its mostly with the land owners.

There is little to no public land to hunt, private land owners want to get rid of the feral pigs but don't want the liability of strangers hunting on their land, at least for free.

So, the problem exists and continues to get worse..and will continue to get worse.

There are many "guided" hunts, they can be expensive and not always succesfull.

Last edited:

nick89302

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 28, 2012
    Northern Indiana
    Texas has a real problem, its mostly with the land owners.

There is little to no public land to hunt, private land owners want to get rid of the feral pigs but don't want the liability of strangers hunting on their land, at least for free.

So, the problem exists and continues to get worse..and will continue to get worse.

There are many "guided" hunts, they can be expensive and not always succesfull.

The landowners have also figured out there is money in charging people to hunt pigs. They'll talk out one side of their mouth about damage to their crops, but won't allow people to hunt pigs without charging them.

huey

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    SW IND
    Krystal "Pistol" Campbell HOT

dam she's hot
    Krystal Campbell - American Hoggers Cast - aetv.com
    03-krystal-campbell-owns-the-color-pink.jpg

chuddly

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Jan 17, 2012
    Eminence, IN
    i made the comment before on anther thread.....if they wanted them gone so bad then why do they charge so stinkin much for someone to come down and hunt them. I have at least 12 guys who i know that are are good shots and very responcible who would all take off work and go down there and put as much of a dent in the hog population as we could. In all honesty I dont think the people of Texas want them gone because if they would not charge $500 for one pig per person for 1 day you might get people like me and my friends to drive down there and take 3-4 each (or more if we can get them) We even all said we would just take the meat from one hog and donate the rest to what ever charrity would take it. If its a land owner liability issue i would DEFINATLY sign a waiver no questions asked.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    We hunt the local infestation....Coyote. Have had some sweet pink mist shots on those critters. Used to hunt Ferrell pig on great gramps farm way back in the day but that is all sub-divisions now.

Fullmag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Sep 4, 2011
    We hunt the local infestation....Coyote. Have had some sweet pink mist shots on those critters. Used to hunt Ferrell pig on great gramps farm way back in the day but that is all sub-divisions now.

That's why I stopped hunting seemed like I driving father and farther away to get away.

Top Bottom