• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HamYankee

Expert
    Rating - 97.5%
    39   1   0
    Jan 24, 2014
    Hendricks County
    I am interested in joining either the Atlanta Conservation Club or Hamilton County Fish and Game.
    HCFG's phone isn't connected from what I can tell. There doesn't seem to be many options without driving a far distance. Living and working on the north side.

Looking for opinions on these two places.
    I want to shoot rifle and possibly pistol competitions. I believe Atlanta has two bays that can be makeshift into a short rifle area, but I'm looking for suggestions from this community.

HCFG seems appealing, but it seems like you must have an 'in' to join.

Thank you

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    You don't need to join the clubs to shoot competition there. I shoot IDPA at both locations without being a member and I've shot steel challenge at ACC as well. I'm thinking about joining HCFG as well, because I'd like to be able to practice some of my IDPA drills and you can do that there. In reference to joining, at least at HCFG it seems you have to be sponsored by an existing member, as they're getting close to their membership limit.

Indyjones65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    I recently joined the Elwood conservation club. It was about the same distance as the Atlanta conservation club from my house in Noblesville. I inquired with multiple emails to multiple officers of the HCFG over about an 18 month period. When I finally received a response I was told they were only accepting applications with a referral from an existing member. Elwood cc is very reasonably priced at $65 or $70 for the year. Check them out at ECC they have a very nice facility with multiple lanes available.

Indyjones65

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 29, 2011
    Glad to help. One thing they don't offer is anything to attach your targets to. Either bring your own or plan on digging through the trash like I did the first time I visited.

venenoindy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Noblesville
    I'm also a member of ECC and like it a lot, been going there for at least 10 years and all though is about a 25 minute drive for me I think is very well worth it. Other places have too many rules and requirements (I have barely time to shoot) so is very convenient for me, I will more than happy to take you as a guest some time if you like just pm if you are interested.

Streck-Fu

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    20   0   0
    Jul 2, 2010
    Noblesville
    HCFG used to be pretty open for new memberships but there was an explosion of new applicants and thus new members. They had to start reducing the number of new members because it was becoming too big. The way to join is to have a member bring you to a meeting and start the application process.

Top Bottom