Want to join the CMP - Northwest Indiana.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • AngryFish

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 25, 2008
    So, I've been doing a lot of research on the CMP "Civilian Marksmenship Program" and would love to get involved with a local shooting club. I'm not particularly concerned with membership fees unless it is prohibitively expensive. I've done quite a bit of rimfire paper punching on my own but would love some friendly competition.

Can anyone recommend a good group in NW Indiana for me to join? The CMP website pointed me to a Dunes Shooting Club. I emailed the address listed but never heard back.

Thanks. :D

antsi

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2008
    I believe the appleseed shoots are CMP-affiliated.

NRA high power shoots generally are, and I know they shoot high power at Wildcat Valley which I believe is in the Lafayette area. Linky: WVRPC Home

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    I believe the appleseed shoots are CMP-affiliated.

NRA high power shoots generally are, and I know they shoot high power at Wildcat Valley which I believe is in the Lafayette area. Linky: WVRPC Home

I am not a member of wvrpc but I have been there to attend their beginners high power rifle clinic. Very professional place. The clinic satisfies the "take a course" requirement for buying at the CMP also.

SmileDocHill

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    61   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    Westfield
    Eligibility Requirements

You have to join a CMP club (or like said above it is easier to join a virtual club like the Garand Collectors) but you also have to have done a marksmanship or other firearm related activity. That is the qualifier I was referring to when I mentioned the High power rifle clinic. Most of you guys have met this qualification, military, LEO, carry permit, been in a competition......Not a counter point to anyones post just a clarification of my earlier one.
    Carry on.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    The CMP cannot be "joined" It is a corporation set up by Congress to promote civilian marksmanship and especially junior participation in shooting activities. They sell rifles and ammo to partially fund their activities.

Next Monday is the President's 100 rifle match, Tuesday is the National Trophy Individual match at Camp Perry, Ohio. Otherwise known as a "leg" match.

The significance of the Presidents 100 is a statement made by TR that with 100 of America's rifleman, he could...(I'm not sure of the rest) Every year, 1500 or so Americans vie to be one of the Presidents 100 riflemen. I have never made it, but I keep trying.

On Saturday the 8th will be the Garand match. You might consider showing up for that. It is designed for new or inexperienced shooters.

I am going up for the Leg match and maybe the Garand match. I will be shooting the Rumbold and the NRA Championships. Maybe Long range too..

If you want more info, PM me.

Top Bottom