• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    Rabbit. Have her run ahead of you and you can leave the dog at home.

Seriously, squirrel would be better. A little faster pace, less sitting, etc.

45fan

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    East central IN
    Squirrel is where I started my wife. Not so cold to be uncomfortable, moving enough to keep her attention, not so much to make her miserable, and she didnt have to sit still for as long as deer hunting.

cschwanz

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 5, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Squirrel would be a good starting point. She wont get bored as quickly, the guns she'll be shooting ought to kick a whole lot less. I took my fiance squirrel hunting a couple years ago and she got her first one with 1 shot at about 45 yards with my Savage .22lr. perfect head shot. Needless she was very excited and wants to go again.

hondatech2k2

Shooter
    Rating - 98.2%
    55   1   0
    Jul 10, 2011
    Greenwood
    I took my wife (girlfriend at the time) almost 9 years ago shooting.. she was interested and had never been around firearms before (and kind of hated them). Needless to say after a few hours at the shooting range she had a more healthy respect for them, but sadly STILL wanted nothing to do with them. Oh well, that means range time for me when I need to get away from her.

jeep911

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 6, 2011
    try something where its not as big of a deal if she is quiet and such and where she has the ability to shoot some and see animals, id say bushytail would be the way to go for the first goin. im thinkin about doin the same thing with my girl friend. i feel like she will be a better huntin buddy than one of my friends who decided he wanted to throw rocks in a hole across the creek as we hog hunted in texas....not a good person to hunt with

88GT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2010
    Familyfriendlyville
    The real reason behind this is so I can hunt more. I wonder if I should take her squirrel hunting first or deer, any suggestions?

Did you really just ask on a women's forum how you can manipulate your girlfriend into going hunting with you so YOU can derive more benefit out of it?

Sgood

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2011
    West Newton
    My thought on the matter is, they will be there when i get back or not.....But, this is my time.....I spend 8 months a year doing what she wants, shopping, brown county, the dreaded Walmart.......these last 4 months of the year are mine..........everyone needs me time!!!!!

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Ladies please skip this post...........

OK You asked for input I will give you mine.

Don't you even think about taking her hunting. You will not be better off in deer season. Think about the future and put your foot down right now. At least you can say I was like this before we got married and you knew what you were getting into.

You need time without her. My wife and I have the same type of deal. She goes to sanibel Island FL. outside of hunting season a few times a year and I go hunting. We have kids now and who is going to watch them.

Now every deer camp needs a good cook and cleaner. Bring her to the camp and have her make your favorite meals and Help hang up the lucky hunters deer.Serve beer to the hunting party and make the going to sleep early easier in her own special way. Nothing like getting in at dark with the wood stove going and a hot meal and best of all no dishes to wash. She can get a tag and hunt from the cabin windows if one happens by. Sooner or later she will just want to give you a little man time to get away from your camp. Then the normal poker party deer camp can begin again. granted we now cook in a microwave and use paper plates.

This may sound a little harsh but i am just being real here. My wife does the Christmas shopping during the thanksgiving sales and I go hunting. It works out so well. I do take my oldest daughter to the deer blind at least once a year in season. That is a little different.

rhart

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 11, 2009
    Avon
    My thought on the matter is, they will be there when i get back or not.....But, this is my time.....I spend 8 months a year doing what she wants, shopping, brown county, the dreaded Walmart.......these last 4 months of the year are mine..........everyone needs me time!!!!!

This^^^^^^^

Grow a pair and tell her between raisin the kids, scrubbin the floor, butchering and cooking the game, she doesnt have time to go.:laugh:

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    This^^^^^^^

Grow a pair and tell her between raisin the kids, scrubbin the floor, butchering and cooking the game, she doesnt have time to go.:laugh:
    I wonder if there are still any women out there who let their men bring game home and just drop it on them to clean? I mean outside of Louisiana and Alasaka.

At age 47 I have yet to see my Mom pluck a duck, cook a pheasant, filet a fish, skin a deer or gut a mammal but she enjoyes them all when cooked properly.

I think most Hoosier Women have that "When I was X years old Grandpa made me skin a squirrel" story and most never went back in the woods again. What really happened out there with Grandpa?

jmiller676

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 16, 2009
    18 feet up
    I wonder if there are still any women out there who let their men bring game home and just drop it on them to clean? I mean outside of Louisiana and Alasaka.

At age 47 I have yet to see my Mom pluck a duck, cook a pheasant, filet a fish, skin a deer or gut a mammal but she enjoyes them all when cooked properly.

I think most Hoosier Women have that "When I was X years old Grandpa made me skin a squirrel" story and most never went back in the woods again. What really happened out there with Grandpa?

Don't ask, don't tell. :D

windingwinds

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 26, 2011
    Miami County, Indiana
    hahaha very funny. The other replies are just guys are just worried that they'll get out-hunted by a woman. Sad really. :rolleyes:
    I would say Squirrel in case she didn't like hunting. Pick a nice warm day too. (not a 100 F in October though)
    Me personally, I prefer the whole day: get out of the kitchen thing, my healthcare job, and just get away from everything. I love being in the woods. I cannot wait until hunting season starts. But then, I'm just a girl.......

As to having something different to do, my hubby hates bow but I love it........

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    I was always told that rule number one was to separate relationships and hunting.

With that said, I do take my wife hunting. We both deer hunt and enjoy the time in the woods. I started off with teh two of us in a blind. She shoots a bow, a muzzle loader and a shotgun. Recently, I have started using a climbing stand so she sits in the blind by herself when we do get teh chance to go out.

Another hint is to make sure that she has the warmest outfit you can get. She is not going to like it if she is freezing and then you won't enjoy it. Good luck!

Top Bottom