Wanting to switch to double action/ single action guns.

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Bigtanker

Cuddles
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Aug 21, 2012
    Osceola
    Here is a breakdown of the model numbers and what they mean.
    SW-semi-model-chart-1.jpg

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    I looked for the perfect carry pistol for years. Tough choice. When I carry light...I still carry the Kahr CM9 with an 8 round and a 6 round mag for back up. But when I can, I carry my new favorite. The CZ 75D Compact PCR. 14 + 1, with a 16 round back up mag. 9mm. Light aluminum alloy frame. Extreme pleasure to shoot. Very accurate. As reliable as you can get, and feels amazing in the hand. It has the decocker you want, as well as DA/SA trigger. I also like it's twin...the CZ 75 Compact. Almost identical. Steel frame and safety rather than decocker. Both great pistols.

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    I have never understood the love for DA/SA. Perhaps some find more comfort with a decocker, but I dislike the DA/SA transition and have never grown to love my Sig. To each their own, I guess.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    You didn't mention a budget, as that will matter.

Of the DA/SA guns I think Sig and Beretta are the top two choices. The DA and SA break at the same spot in the trigger pull, which helps with transitions. Both have reasonable triggers out of the box. Sig has plenty of sight options, and most Berettas will as well (although some have pinned front sights). Both are very robust designs that will take a lot of rounds before breaking. Like 80K + with nothing but spring changes.

The differences are largely in ergonomics. I like the frame mounted decocker of the Sig better than the slide mounted on the Beretta.

CZs are fine guns, too, particularly if you are going to invest in some custom work.

oldpink

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 7, 2009
    Farmland
    I have never understood the love for DA/SA. Perhaps some find more comfort with a decocker, but I dislike the DA/SA transition and have never grown to love my Sig. To each their own, I guess.

Lots of people gripe about the transition, but it's still nice to have the option of a much shorter and lighter trigger pull for accuracy work.
    Personally, the transition has never been a problem, but maybe that's because of having learned on revolvers and single action (1911) guns.
    Strikers have definitely overtaken DA/SA in the popularity department, with Glock almost singlehandedly being the driving force, but DA/SA guns still have inherent advantages that can be exploited once the shooter has made their manual of arms second nature, as he should with all guns he owns.

ru44mag

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 6, 2013
    Depends on what you're doing. For people management with a handgun, it is IMO nearly ideal.

http://www.luckygunner.com/lounge/why-switched-double-action/ can give you some more reasons.

Nice video. He kept saying DA, which confused me at first, until he finally clarified by saying DA/SA. I was pretty stubborn for a lot of reasons, but recently have really seen a huge advantage to the SA/DA. This time I think I really found what I have been looking for. :)

Top Bottom