• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Too bad our leaders can't see how our nonsensical foreign policy is bankrupting the country, just the same as our nonsensical domestic spending. How safe and free are you going to be when the U.S. goes bankrupt?? The Military-Industrial Complex has hijacked this government and wants to keep us in a perpetual state of war. Iraq, Afghanistan, Libya, Pakistan, Yemen, Somolia... WTF!!

Its a conspiracy theory to believe that we can keep this up.

House passes $649B defense spending bill

The House on Friday overwhelmingly passed a $649 billion defense spending bill that boosts the Pentagon budget by $17 billion and covers the costs of wars in Iraq and Afghanistan.

The strong bipartisan vote was 336-87 and reflected lawmakers' intent to ensure national security, preserve defense jobs across the nation and avoid deep cuts while the country is at war.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=co73TDl_F7E
    ‎"And the fact that we are at war is to be the excuse and the means for suppressing all opposition to such policies, for brutally tightening the arbitrary enforcement of government regulations, for making all opposition to government policies synonymous with treason, for ruthlessly liquidating all resistance, and for irresistibly fastening the shackles of the Police State around the bodies and over the lives of all the American people." -Robert Welch

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    I don't hear anyone other than Ron Paul even talking about how this is what is bankrupting our Country. I think everyone is disappointed in Obama for not ending this nonsense overseas like he promised to do. Instead he has expanded our involvment.
    People are not taking Ron Paul seriously but if he could win the Republican nomination, I think a lot of Democrats would vote for him. The Media has everyone arguing over taxes and social security when they should be looking at runaway military spending.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    I don't hear anyone other than Ron Paul even talking about how this is what is bankrupting our Country. I think everyone is disappointed in Obama for not ending this nonsense overseas like he promised to do. Instead he has expanded our involvment.
    People are not taking Ron Paul seriously but if he could win the Republican nomination, I think a lot of Democrats would vote for him. The Media has everyone arguing over taxes and social security when they should be looking at runaway military spending.

Exactly. If the next president doesn't stand up to the Military Industrial Complex and its aspirations for World War 3, then how much has changed exactly? How much better off would we be?

If the next president can't even acknowledge the totality of our problems, he/she is not fit to lead.

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Pass me another glass of that Ron Paul Kool-Aid. I'm in!
    Its going to be tough to be bada$$ American chest pounders with our penniless pockets turned out.

Last edited:

strahd71

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 2, 2010
    wanatah
    You think that is bad, you should see what we spend on entitlements and social security.

i dont mind entitlements and social security really. cause at least thats for us! i hate pissing away all the money on wars that our government has no interest in wining and foreign aid. nation building, paying for the UN, and trying buy ourselves allies have gone a long way to bankrupting us, oh and lets not forget the billions that the illegals have cost us, and no one in the government has the balls to do anything about, and silly stuff like funding art, and 3 million dollar rest areas.

sorry for the rant...... carry on

jake

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    i dont mind entitlements and social security really. cause at least thats for the leeches! i hate pissing away all the money on wars that our government has no interest in wining and foreign aid. nation building, paying for the UN, and trying buy ourselves allies have gone a long way to bankrupting us, oh and lets not forget the billions that the illegals have cost us, and no one in the government has the balls to do anything about, and silly stuff like funding art, and 3 million dollar rest areas.

sorry for the rant...... carry on

jake

FIFY

badwolf.usmc

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 29, 2011
    2 hourse SE of Chicago
    Rambone can't even get the military spending conspiracy down right. When you figure military spending you have to include the state department, department of veteran affairs and the department of energy, which total almost 1.5 trillion.

j706

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    60   0   1
    Dec 4, 2008
    Lizton
    You think that is bad, you should see what we spend on entitlements and social security.

Bingo...and add the fact that something like 47% of the population pays no tax. That isn't even counting the illegals that receive but don't give anything. What a mess.

We do need a very strong defense. The mere fact that we spend big money on defense keeps some of the other radical countries in check.

other guy

Marksman
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 9, 2011
    Peru Indiana
    Bingo...and add the fact that something like 47% of the population pays no tax. That isn't even counting the illegals that receive but don't give anything. What a mess.

We do need a very strong defense. The mere fact that we spend big money on defense keeps some of the other radical countries in check.

You whole post is nothing but crap. 1. The reason that nothing is being done about illegals by either side is money. The Gov't collects millions each week from illegals each week that is free money for the gov't. Most Companies that hire illegals require that they have a social security number before they will hire them. Yes they suspect its a fake number, as long as they have it ,it covers their rear. So, all the S.S. taxes along with all the withholding tax that get sent in is just kept because you can not file a return on a fake number. Nor can you ever collect S.S. on a number that
    does not exist or belongs to someone else. So both parties like to complain about them but they are still here and will remain to be. 2. To say that 47 per cent of people pay no taxes is bunk. Yes, maybe they don't pay any income taxes, but they pay plenty of others like sales tax, gas tax and numerous others, a lot of which you are unaware of. 3. Most of the world consider us to be the radicals. A majority of the countries in the world can say they have not attacked anyone in the last 50 years. We are attacking at least 5 countries right now. So.......

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    We do need a very strong defense.

Sure, a strong defense would be nice. Unfortunately our defenses are so weak that we have to body scan/pat down every person who steps onto a plane in the US.

Our offense, on the other hand, is what you could definitely call - very strong. What, do we have American troops/bases in about 1/3 of the world by now?

Last edited:
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    Sure, a strong defense would be nice. Unfortunately are defenses are so weak that we have to body scan/pat down every person who steps onto a plane in the US.

Our offense, on the other hand, is what you could definitely call - very strong. What, do we have American troops/bases in about 1/3 of the world by now?

Bingo. Defense would involve more troops at home rather than trying to topple every dictatorship that pokes its nose up.

lashicoN

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 2, 2009
    North
    Bingo. Defense would involve more troops at home rather than trying to topple every dictatorship that pokes its nose up.

Nuh uh. Empires with soldiers all over the world always work out. Look at Greece, and Rome, and France, and England, and the Soviet Union.

And the United States as of 2011.

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I might be mistaken, but I recall the both of you are somewhat young. Would that more of America's youth were as informed and as well positioned as you two.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    I might be mistaken, but I recall the both of you are somewhat young. Would that more of America's youth were as informed and as well positioned as you two.

For my part, I was helped in that regard by the fact that my father both explained and demonstrated the value of hard work, honesty, ingenuity, and a fair helping of cynicism towards anyone saying "I'm from the government and I'm here to help". This nation is made strong by strong families: we are rather lacking in those nowadays.

Every intelligent young person has at least one wise old geezer to thank for it:oldwise:

NYFelon

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    DPRNY
    I'm not overly old, I'm in my mid-30s. But I do attend college at nights, and the young folks I see in some of my classes literally frighten me with their unrepentant ignorance. It makes me happy to see at least some "kids" that are on the ball and aren't lost in a world of paparazi glamor and Jersey Shore.

:cheers:

Top Bottom