• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    I haven't found these to be in abundance, and am looking for 2 of the same model. Sometime this year I would like to find 2 Wards Western model 36B single shot rifles. I have found one or two that have the peep sight, but I am looking for the ones with a standard sight. I don't care what condition they are in as long as they are functional, or can be made that way fairly easily. I inherited my Grandfathers when he passed, and I have two younger cousins that were not fortunate enough to spend that kind of time with him. We were all three shooting it on New Years, and it was kind of an awesome moment for us all. I would like to find a couple, clean them up, as I did Grandpa's, and have them for my cousins on next Christmas/New Years. Any help in tracking a couple down would be greatly appreciated.

GREEN607

Master
    Rating - 99%
    99   1   0
    Apr 15, 2011
    INDIANAPOLIS
    You should put a WTB ad in over on Rimfire Central.com.

I just held a Christmas contest on their site... for 2 Grand Prizes of free professional blueing. One of the winners is sending his 36B for me to do.

I'd be willing to bet you'll get some replies. :cool:

JBob77

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 7, 2009
    Scott County
    Have to be a member for 35 days to post, even on a WTB. Oh well, still looks like a cool place. Not as easily navigated as INGO, but cool.
    What does it cost to re-blue one, anyway. I did a cold blue on this one, and it didn't do bad, but still. It is kinda neat that the rifle still shows some of its age without all of that rust it had on it. I only regret not photographing the whole process!

Last edited:
    Top Bottom