• ...and so much more!
  • singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Truthfully I was very bummed out about this warm front for the Christmas weekend, but I decided to make the best of it and took a nice motorcycle ride. Sunshine and not a lot of traffic on the back roads, well I still rather have a white christmas, but gotta make the best of what you are dealt. Don't know what I will do when the rain starts up again, maybe I'll go see Star Wars again but this time in IMAX. Maybe I'm spoiled but I like it COLD on Christmas, heck I remember in Louisiana it being in the teens for Christmas. I heard a White Christmas is no longer PC, so maybe that is what is going on .... :):

coban

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 22, 2013
    SW Indiana
    I also got my bike out today. Rode about 45 miles to check out a couple of gun shops but unfortunately they were both closed.
    Oh well, still enjoyed the ride and maybe I can hit the shops again over the weekend while it is raining.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    same here, been working on some side jobs and cant ride the bike.. its been so nice and looking forward to ride soon. I'm not hanging it up until the snow flies. I dont have a real touring bike , just a small fairing and wear a decent jacket... bought a pair of mechanix's polar pro gloves and love them for cold rides.

sugarcreekbrass

Expert
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Mar 29, 2015
    West central
    I was itching to get my bike out but instead went out to shoot my birthday/Christmas present to myself, a Glock 43. I too would rather have cold weather and snow. I like playing on the 4 wheeler pulling sleds or plowing snow and love to hunt in the snow.

tmschuller

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    41   0   0
    Feb 25, 2013
    Grant county
    Wife's going to ride late today.. Horses, I'm going hit the woods on the atv . not missing the snow -- yet. I like to plow and pull the kids too, it can wait.
    Merry Christmas!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    Christmas Day ride, what a great morning ride, no traffic and no cops. Now I need to figure out how delete the trip stats on my GPS, don't want the wife to see the Max Speed.

BugI02

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 4, 2013
    Columbus, OH
    Brought out the other kind of bike - human powered - went for a two hour ride. Very Zen. Be careful out there, guys. The car people aren't looking out for us at the best of times, and we're probably even less on their radar this late in the season.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Just found this thread a week late. I rode 100 miles each way to the family visit on Christmas. Great ride and a bit of a gear test.

Comfortably cool in the upper 40's on the trip up. 1st real test of the breath box for my helmet. A :yesway: for the proprietary 30 dollar investment. 1st time completely clear cold weather shield, without cracking it open to let in air.

You riders got advice on tire storage?
    20160107_121036-1_zpsjqm7fkww.jpg

I'm new to buying/storing motorcycle tires. Bought and mounted my first set last year.
    I bought another set yesterday (and wow, got them today.) This must be a good time to buy tires? They were cheaper that last years.

I'm not gonna need these until at least early summer. Is this ^^^, the way they were received, the best way to store them? Let them sit on concrete upright, on side? Hang them? Should I cut the tape off of them and separate?

Landon

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 14, 2011
    Henryville
    I rode down to Mobile, AL and back 12/29-12/31.

I do my own tires also, but I don't normally order and store them months ahead of time. I'd probably leave them just like you have them in the picture. When I see them in MC stores that are stored upright on a shelf/rack.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    I rode down to Mobile, AL and back 12/29-12/31.

I do my own tires also, but I don't normally order and store them months ahead of time. I'd probably leave them just like you have them in the picture. When I see them in MC stores that are stored upright on a shelf/rack.

Thanks for the info!

singlesix

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, In
    I haven't had to put up my bike in "storage" for the winter in Indiana, there are enough breaks in the weather for me to take her out for 40 miles min. of riding. Of course I stay on the main roads to avoid all the sand pile on some of the back roads.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Staff online

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    pakman415
    Top Bottom