• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Typhon1390

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 16, 2011
    Virginia Beach, VA
    I purchased a Glock 19 heading into Winter and have been using a Sarfariland open top retention holster. With the weather warming up I'm finding it to be a little too apparent in fewer layers. I'm a pretty skinny guy, so there's not a lot to hide the gun. I'm told IWB holsters are the way to go. Anybody have a specific recommendation?

BBSparkle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Sep 25, 2010
    Indianapolis
    Actually I bought an Uncle Mike's [I think #17] for my SP101 that I wear in the small of my back, with the grip facing my right side, that I found works just fine for my G19. Pretty cheap and has held up pretty well. Guess it depends how you want to wear it.

Completely concealing a G19 in the summer isn't really easy, unless you wear baggy clothes or something. If you're worried about printing you could just switch to a different gun on the hot days.

mercop

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    PA
    All my holsters now are from Invictus Kydex. Matt is a longtime MCS student, in addition to being a craftsman. Not sure what he is calling the one he made me for my 19 but is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. Rides supper close to the body. You can get it in Apex, 3 0'clock, or behind the hip.- George

Captain Bligh

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2008
    Milt Sparks VM-II is about as good as it gets. Still, the Glock is chunky and there is no way of getting around that whether you are skinny or not.

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    Hmm did somebody mention the Comp-Tac MTAC? I actually use the spartan model and it is very comfortable. Make sure to invest in a good 1.5" gun belt.

BlueEagle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 3, 2011
    Southern Indiana
    For those of us who don't have the extra cash to throw down, I have carried my G17 or Taurus 24/7 in a cheap-o open topped, $10 IWB holster just behind my right hip for years. I don't even know what brand it is; it is similar to the Uncle Mikes, though. I am 6'4", 175 pounds, so I'm about 4 inches thick no matter which way you slice me, and those guns absolutely disappear under a t-shirt. Tight shirts obviously not as good as loose shirts, though. :)

Glockshooter149

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 10, 2010
    I have carried my G19 in the MTAC for a long time now and once it is molded to where you want it, (about a week of wearing it), it is the most comfortable holster I have ever worn. I even prefer it to my outside the waistband while just working around the house. Make sure to get a good belt to go with it and you will never have to switch holsters again for the weather all year long.

Top Bottom