• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ARdysfunction

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2009
    Indy West Side
    Every one who knows me, already knows I am an EBR addict, and up until now my addiction has revolved around the AR platform. Well recently at the last Indy 1500 Joe from Acme hooked me up with a Remington 700 SPS tactical. After scouring the Internet for scopes, rings, stocks... etc, for the last few weeks, I came to the conclusion I needed another rifle. So after not firing a single shot from my brand new SPS Tac. I bought a Remington 700 SPS Varmint on Wednesday.

Oh yeah and last weekend I picked up 2 8mm Turkish Mauser's still packed in cosmo. This is not a good sign...

700s002.jpg

bigcraig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Indy
    lol

Wait until your bolt gun obsession escalates, you can find yourself thinking that a GA Precision built gun is well worth $6000, WITHOUT glass.

Google, 98bravo.com, that will get your MOJO going!

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I go through phases of the same disease. One day I just had to have a Remington 700 SPS Varmint in .223 Remington. The very next day I saw an ad for the Remington 700 VTR. About a month later I bought one of those in .308 Winchester.

Since then I've gone through a Glock obsession (which hasn't really stopped) and then began a love affair with the AR-15. This stuff is dangerous.

As least I haven't bought any more of those bolt rifles. But I did spend more money on a nice molle two-gun drag bag for those guys in case I'm ever called on to set up as a sniper in the service of my country. Not likely at my age, I guess, but I love the bag.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I had to fight myself to not buy a 700 VTR at Dick's yesterday, glad I didn't now, I don't have enough money to feed ANOTHER addiction :)

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    I had to fight myself to not buy a 700 VTR at Dick's yesterday, glad I didn't now, I don't have enough money to feed ANOTHER addiction :)
    I know. After I got my AR, I basically gave my AK47 away to my son so I could eliminate one type of ammo. It'll kill you. Buying ammo, I mean.

NateIU10

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 19, 2008
    Maryland
    I know. After I got my AR, I basically gave my AK47 away to my son so I could eliminate one type of ammo. It'll kill you. Buying ammo, I mean.

Yup, I even got to debating on whether to get the 223 VTR for $599 with scope and rings or the 308, and have to add ammo. Once I realized I was thinking that far into it, I had to walk away bfore I was broke :)

rmcrob

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 18, 2008
    Plainfield
    Yup, I even got to debating on whether to get the 223 VTR for $599 with scope and rings or the 308, and have to add ammo. Once I realized I was thinking that far into it, I had to walk away bfore I was broke
    Yeah, but...that VTR in 308 is sweetie. You can reach out and touch zombies with that bad baby. I think you should go back and get it.

tyler34

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    bloomington
    lol

Wait until your bolt gun obsession escalates, you can find yourself thinking that a GA Precision built gun is well worth $6000, WITHOUT glass.

Google, 98bravo.com, that will get your MOJO going!

I know there would be forthcoming divorce papers to detour me from that.

boozoo

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    NE Indy
    oooo man that's a nice pair... of Turks LOL

I have a Brno 98/22 Turk I picked up a couple weeks ago. Still working the stock to get all the oil and crud out of it, but that's actually helping my bank account out. And maybe my new rule can help save you from the plunging checking account, too hehe

"No new firearms until the one one I just bought is cleaned up, fired two boxes of ammo and cleaned again!"

Now I can sometimes go a whole week without buying another gun. :-)

Slab

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2008
    fort wayne
    I know there would be forthcoming divorce papers to detour me from that.
    not always a bad thing sir! :D

"Oh yeah and last weekend I picked up 2 8mm Turkish Mauser's still packed in cosmo"

I have some 8mm that i have no rifle for. got any 380?

Top Bottom