WARNING: Glock Doc at Indy 1500 RIP OFF!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Would you let us know in 4 years when you decide to buy from Glock Doc again so we can go watch the snake oil salesman preform his magic and separate you from more of your hard earned money?

JUST KIDDING! Sorry to hear you got taken again. Hind sight is usually perfect, and research before buying is an important point you make. Unfortunately in the firearm business, when the alarm bell goes off, heed it's warning.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    I'm not going to use the old text language. I'm just going to come out and say it. I'm laughing my f&/?ing ass off! This is why I love this forum. You guys don't BS or hold back. I'll take the punishment because you are all right! I shouldn't have messed with that idiot. I was wondering how long it would take for someone to pull up my old thread from '09. Good on ya for that!

Let me say one thing about the thread from '09 though. Understand, I didn't buy anything from him that day nor did I intend to. I know the way I worded the prices I mentioned may have led some to believe I bought those overpriced parts. I didn't! The sole purpose of visiting his booth during those particular 1500's, was to sit and listen. I wanted to hear what he had to say about the GEN4. Call it looking for a laugh, call it being a smart ass, call it looking for an argument. It may be immature, but sometimes it's just plain old fun to see someone make a fool of themselves (which is what someone would have seen today if they watched me buy an overpriced connector).

Sometimes (like today) our thoughts (or lack thereof) can get the better of us. I kinda thought in my head, "surely this guy can't be in business this long if he's still a dumbass?" But, it wasn't until after that I realized that many gun owners never get past that level of knowledge and understanding where I was at just 4 short years ago. Gun owners that don't know the industry or the difference between solid experience and someone trying to pretend. It's unfortunate but true in any area of business. There will always be someone gullible enough to believe the BS and buy that overpriced hype. That's why it's our duty to support good businesses and to pass on our experiences to others that may fall victim.

I did two things today. 1) I DEFINENTLY learned my lesson the hard way and have no one to blame but myself. 2) I told as many people as I could about my experiences so that they hopefully won't have to lose their hard earned money and precious time on guys like this.

kilo11

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 11, 2009
    Avon,IN
    So let me get this straight, you a "certified" glock armorer, weren't clear on the status of production for a part you were searching out?

This is why I never seek glock advise from these certified glock armorers.

Fair enough. I'll address that. Ghost INC. is not a part of Glock. As a certified armorer, your going to get information from time to time about the status of parts and components as well as upgraded engineering changes. However, that is for Glock parts. Any Glock armorer here can probably tell you the status and price (discounted for the armorer) for all the Glock parts, but it's almost impossible to keep up with all the "custom" components. In other words, if your a Glock armorer, you're going to know what Glocks got going on, that's not the case with the 100's of other companies out there making different non-Glock OEM parts.

Iam not a professional gunsmith. Which is to say, I don't make a living off of working on guns. I learned gunsmithing so I could be my own armorer. I do work on guns of students, friends, family, and fellow competitors and club members guns every once in a while and usually make some money in the process. With that said, I don't keep a "stock" of parts around to do guns everyday. Meaning, I don't buy enough components from vendors to also know which components are in what status. I had not used the Rocket for awhile and needed to obtain one to finish the gun I was doing. I didn't need 100 of them and I didn't need to buy at wholesale because I have no idea when I'll use one again.

Glock armorers know Glocks. They also know Glock OEM. That does NOT mean they know gunsmithing or anything about it. If you can detail strip a Glock, then you can be an armorer. As a matter of fact, any armorers course is just learning the "ins and outs" of that particular system. In reality, every shooter should master his own gun. Every shooter should be able to build and strip the gun they use to defend themselves. An armorers course shouldn't be considered special, because it's not.

Mackey

Master
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Nov 4, 2011
    interwebs
    Fool me once, shame on you. Fool me twice.......why would you go back after the first screwing?

Yeah, no offense, but with the level of expertise, you describe ... it would seem you'd have much better access to parts and accessories than to get something at a gun show.

Vic_Mackey

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 14, 2009
    Beastside
    I for one got a very sweet deal on a police G21 last 1500. The "Glock Doc" told me and me buddy that the prices on Glocks before gen4 were going to skyrocket soon because the military wants to use them, but they need to use different ingredients in the injection molding and finish because of arsenic and other chemicals. Here's the funny part: he said my gen2.5 would be going for around 12OO DOLLARS LMFAO. I could only dream.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0
    This is NOT the first time the Glock Doc has struck at the 1500.. If your buddy needs his trigger fixed let me know:D.. Just joking, although I do have some of the "discontinued" connectors you are talking about.
    [FONT=&quot]NRA Life member [/FONT][FONT=&quot]GSSF member[/FONT][FONT=&quot]
    Gunsite graduate Certified Glock armorer[/FONT]

Steven

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2008
    Whitley County
    How many Glock Docs are at the 1500 now?
    I walked around there some Friday and remember(??) 4 Glock Armorer signs up.:dunno:
    Is there one in particular to watch for ?

SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    64   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw
    Kilo11, I am glad you shared your story. Hopefully, it will inspire others to learn more about their specific firearms, and steer clear of the professional BS artists that prowl the gun show circuit.

mjones

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 25, 2010
    McCordsville
    just kidding sounds like bad business to me i don't have a problem with a guy making a little money on a product but that is a little much

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom