• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Seems Impd can now fire warning shots..... Hmmmmm

I remember at least one ingoer that got busted for a warning type shot... Was called a negligent discharge if I remember right.

All animals are equal, but some are more equal than others.

While I will not speak for the jacks in blue, I personally believe warning shots are bad policy. The firearm is a weapon of defense against attack. If I am to the point that I determine that a round needs to be fired, it is not to warn.

manwithnoname

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2012
    Then again, the policy could simply be an out to provide cover for the average leo's notoriously poor marksmanship!

"How the hell could you could you miss all five rounds you discharged towards that thug, Johnson?"

"I did not miss Captain. I was firing warning shots!"

IMPD31323

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Feb 21, 2010
    indy
    Well fortunately we don't have enough money for new taser batteries that are dead so you don't have to worry about taser warnings. Course they did skirt this funding short by now allowing us to purchase replacement batteries for our department issued taser. Guess since we have to buy our own ammo for qualification AND for carry you won't have to worry about me firing warning shots. Good ammo aint cheap. Seriously tho you will be hard pressed to find anyone on this department that thinks warning shots are a good idea however someone very high up I the food chain apparently loves them. That's why we are patrolmen not administrators.

ChrisBarnes

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 6, 2012
    Greenfield/Cumberland area
    I do not even have word to express my frustration at this. This is a quote from the new orders:

“Generally, warning shots are prohibited and may not be discharged,” reads the order. “However, in exceptional circumstances, and where a warning shot(s) might reasonably be expected to avoid the need to use deadly force, the warning shot(s) shall be directed in a manner that minimizes the risk of injury to innocent persons, ricochet dangers and property damage.”

Now they have free rain and can justify it under this to just shoot whenever they want. For years the LEO community was always right and us the citizens wrong. But this is now going to far.

Tydeeh22

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 7, 2012
    Indiana
    fire into the air = someone walking down the sidewalk 1000 yards away gets hit.
    fire into the ground = you just hit a gas line / shallow cable line / etc
    fire on and between those ^ = you get a lawsuit.

like we all should know, we are responsible for EVERY bullet that leaves the barrel.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Well fortunately we don't have enough money for new taser batteries that are dead so you don't have to worry about taser warnings. Course they did skirt this funding short by now allowing us to purchase replacement batteries for our department issued taser. Guess since we have to buy our own ammo for qualification AND for carry you won't have to worry about me firing warning shots. Good ammo aint cheap. Seriously tho you will be hard pressed to find anyone on this department that thinks warning shots are a good idea however someone very high up I the food chain apparently loves them. That's why we are patrolmen not administrators.

Hope there are more who feel as you do. I have little issue directly at LEO on the street. (Except for the officer I was following up 65 into town yesterday that ran off the road 3 times in a mile. He was texting furiously...:n00b:) The Admin. though, that is another story.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    It was just on fox59. Seems they can also shoot from their moving vehicle also.... Don't see many patrol cars with two people... Hopefully nobody tries to shoot while driving at the same time haha.
    it's probably safer than texting while driving

Top Bottom