WARNING!!! WATCH OUT FOR ONLINE RELOADING SCAMMERS!!!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • GSPBirdDog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    55   0   0
    Mar 21, 2010
    Henryville
    Hello everyone!

Like many of us, I have been on the hunt for primers and powder. My dad just retired and he was doing some research online. He came across a website call "www.proreloads.com" and they were showing all kinds of stock on primers and powder. I went to place an order for $780 worth of primers and things quickly started going weird. I went to proceed to the payment method and they only take Zelle as a form of payment. I do not use Zelle and sent them an email asking if I could use PayPal, Visa, or MasterCard. They replied at 1am and asked me to Venmo them the money.

After all of the above, I started doing some online research and found out they are not legit. They are SCAMMERS out of Florida with cell phones in Maryland and the place of business has the worst rating you could possibly find through online resources that track good and bad online businesses. My wife helped me with the deeper online searching and found sooo much bad stuff about this site.

I just want to make sure all my fellow INGO'ers don't get bit by these scammers. I am not going to add the link to the website through this platform but if you want to see it for yourself, just google "www.proreloads.com"

God Bless and stay safe everyone!

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    NEVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER EVER pay for anything online that isnt a credit card or backed by a credit card (Paypal... but thats iffy if they figure out you are paying for gun related stuff)

Zelle, and any other social media type money sharing service. (used for sending a couple bucks to your buddy because they paid for dinner and you needed to get them your share because you didnt have any cash) are not for buying stuff.

ANY website that refuses to accept credit cards is a HUGE red flag. You are safer eating day old sushi or warm tuna sandwiches from a gas station.

This ranks right up there with your utility company calling you threatening to cut off service unless you run to the store and buy a gift card and then tell them the numbers over the phone.

Good catch.

Aszerigan

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    337   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Bean Blossom, IN
    I came across Proreloads a couple weeks ago. I saw they had CCI 500s in stock. (yeah, right...) Did some googling and found some sketchy reviews, so I emailed them. After a few days, I got a returned server message saying that my email was undeliverable. Just verified what I was already thinking.

I don't do deals without talking to people on the phone anymore. Armslist, gunbroker, even INGO. If you don't pick up the phone and sound like you know what you're talking about, you don't get my money. I get that people get frantic and emotional when they find something they really want. Keep a cool head and make that phone call. That's my rules, you do you at your own risk.

Last edited:

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    I ran across another scam site doing the same thing the other night. First Crown Firearms. Mispelled words and non cc options only. Google Pay, Bitcoin, Zelle, Cashapp, and Venmo only. The give some lame excuse as to why their cc service isnt working so they "advice" you to use the above services for payment. Surprised they didnt list Western Union.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I ran across another scam site doing the same thing the other night. First Crown Firearms. Mispelled words and non cc options only. Google Pay, Bitcoin, Zelle, Cashapp, and Venmo only. The give some lame excuse as to why their cc service isnt working so they "advice" you to use the above services for payment. Surprised they didnt list Western Union.
    Because Western Union has safeguards in place to prevent this kind of fraud.

binkerton

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2012
    Because Western Union has safeguards in place to prevent this kind of fraud.
    Really? Is that something new then? I thought that was a big red flag when the 411ers started popping up years ago, cause once you sent them the money via WU it was untracable and there was no recourse.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Really? Is that something new then? I thought that was a big red flag when the 411ers started popping up years ago, cause once you sent them the money via WU it was untracable and there was no recourse.
    Ever been to a place that does transfers? LOTS of signage, and they even have the workers trained "DO you know the person who you are sending money to? Have you ever met them in person? etc."

I think you even have to click through those kinds of questions on the credit card terminal to agree that you know who you are sending money to and you arent likely falling for a scam.

They ask LOTS of questions.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    True. Unless there is a zero day flaw in the software that is allowing access. MFA fixes that. (usually)
    My password hasn't been found yet, but I don't sell here. I try to buy from INGO members if they are not 3+ hour round trip.
    Until things get taken care of maybe FtF is the way to go.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    I've had two emails come to me in the last two days saying someone tried to log in here on INGO and that if it wasn't me, I need to change my password. Seems like things are a real mess right now.
    Maybe they are targeting this site on purpose hoping to shut it down. Remember to change passwords often and use passwords that do not make any sense. Those are the hardest to break.

According to Brave browser this site has hundreds of tracking cookies. I'm not a computer wizard but can't they be used to track where you go and possibly what you type or is that a different thing?

Altrex

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Sep 10, 2021
    I'm really surprised to see how much hacking is apparently occurring here. I am on several other forums and I hardly see any mention of it. Is there something that is attracting these scammers to crack into accounts? Is there no safeguard against brute force attacks or 2 level authentification?

Top Bottom