was a glock owner, switched to sig...now want to go back!

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • dolphinfanfoor

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    So I sold my Glock 26 9mm because my cousin got me all cought up in the glock vs sig battle. I choose this Sig 938 nightmare 9mm. I took it to the range and shot a box of 50! I do like it.....it is alot better looking of a gun , but I guess im just a glock guy...cocked and locked isnt for me!.........soon to be listed in the classifieds
    photo-7_zpsc75d434a.jpg

snowwalker

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 13, 2009
    In the sticks
    I can't figure out why Sig would build a gun with the bore axis so high. Maybe one of you can explain it to me? It just does not feel or look right a good build. ??

outnumbered

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2013
    I really can't say anything bad about the Sigs that I've carried and shot, but find that they can be a bit more of a load for cc or edc. Some of the more compact models may be better, but I haven't had experience with any Sig that would make me choose one over my Glock 23 for EDC. Everything is a trade off, just a matter of what you want it to be for.

SmokinSigs357

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Well, I'll throw in my two cents. I don't mean to sound like a snob, but I don't really think anybody is a "SIG guy" unless you have the P-Series guns.

The 938, etc are really just knockoffs of the 1911 platform and I can see where you might want to go back to Glock. Two completely different platforms.

I can tell you that I feel a whole lot safer carrying condition one with a DA/SA SIG than I ever did with any of my Glocks. I know that it won't go bang until you pull the trigger, but I just feel better having that first pull with the hammer down be a little more difficult...if need be, I can always thumb the hammer back on my draw, ala revolvers.

As far as the higher bore axis goes, this has always been with SIGs. They are beefier than Glocks, XDs, M&Ps, etc and I can tell you that the recoil on ALL of my P series SIGs is more tame and I have less muzzle flip than I have had with my Glocks, my PPQ, and my P30.

So...yeah, the 938's, 238's, 1911's might say SIG on them, but SIG is really about the P series line of pistols. Kind of like saying, "Yeah, my Sigma is a p.o.s. so I'm never going to own another Smith and Wesson..."

stephen87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 26, 2010
    The Seven Seas
    Agreed with SmokinSig. SIGs are great guns, but the P series is where it's at. I carried a Glock, got a SIG, and am getting another Glock. I'm probably going to keep the SIG as a range pistol and a fun gun, but in my opinion a Glock is better to carry than a SAO SIG that isn't a P series.

dolphinfanfoor

Shooter
    Rating - 96.9%
    31   1   0
    Feb 2, 2013
    Greenfield
    Glock .. Sig... Both great guns. I wasnt comparing the 2 just have some sellers remorse on selling my first glock. And just prefer the glock over the 938. And as soon as my classsifieds ban for a unnesessary bumb is up in 5 days it will be listed.....lol. Newbie error! ......lesson learned!

Indybluegrass

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    I've owned a lot of different guns over the years and never thought a Glock would be one of them. I am now the proud owner of 5 of them and love them.

Top Bottom