• Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    How biblically poetic, in an Old Testament kind of way.

Sew him him up and turn him loose. He stole, he lost a hand. We were just spared a trial and the time to hire somebody to cut it off.

ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Shure enough they are going to charge to the man he tried to rob. But seeing IT IS NYC does that surprise anyone? Hell I wouldn't be at all surprised in NYC if they charged a rape victim with engaging in unprotected sex.

dirtybird

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2015
    Morgan Co.
    Shure enough they are going to charge to the man he tried to rob. But seeing IT IS NYC does that surprise anyone? Hell I wouldn't be at all surprised in NYC if they charged a rape victim with engaging in unprotected sex.

That'd be ironic...considering what would happen in prison and all.

Kurr

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 18, 2011
    Jefferson County
    Oh, c'mon! The guy was getting robbed (allegedly) , and (allegedly) drove off. Robber (allegedly) called it quits and was (allegedly) fleeing, victim (allegedly) turned his car around and gave (alleged) chase, and (allegedly) rammed the fleeing robber into the fence, (allegedly) severing arm.

Where does self defense end and retributive vengeance begin? Can't say the victim was scared for his life when he turned the car around and gave chase. Wasn't a good shoot.

yepthatsme

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 16, 2011
    Right Here
    Oh, c'mon! The guy was getting robbed (allegedly) , and (allegedly) drove off. Robber (allegedly) called it quits and was (allegedly) fleeing, victim (allegedly) turned his car around and gave (alleged) chase, and (allegedly) rammed the fleeing robber into the fence, (allegedly) severing arm.

Where does self defense end and retributive vengeance begin? Can't say the victim was scared for his life when he turned the car around and gave chase. Wasn't a good shoot.

I understand how the victim has been charged with attempted murder, since his life was no longer in danger when he decided to react to the robbery. However, I don't think NY can find enough jurors that will convict the victim.

JettaKnight

Я з Україною
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 13, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    Waiting for the family to come along and tell me the robber was a "good boy".

And...

Waiting for the driver's family to tell me he's a "loving father and good provider". Because a loving father puts his family through the ringer to stop a thief.

"Discretion is the better part of valor."

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    I don't know, though... The dude turned around and chased the mope down. He no longer posed a threat to him.

He could be considered an imminent threat, especially after just committing a felony. I'd make up the law as I went along, to ensure he got off.

Top Bottom