• Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Was Reagan great or terrible as a president?

• Total voters

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    He was before my time but the more I read the more terrible he seems.

1. Father of deficit spending.
    2. Banned MG (I know what it helped, I feel it was worse in the long run)
    3. Had no use for "assault rifles"
    4. Continued Eisenhower's cold war

I've found many have a romanticized view of who he was. Either history hasn't been kind to him or he was a terrible president.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011

I've found many have a romanticized view of who he was. Either history hasn't been kind to him or he was a terrible president.

I'm thinking you're looking for FDR, or perhaps his predecessor. Reagan just didn't have a massive war to cover his rear after he was done.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    tell me more about the bit where you addressed me as Piers Morgan before editing your post.
    i'm unaware that one can see how others voted. if i voted for him being great and you can indeed see it then i clicked the wrong button. not a reagan fan.

I misunderstood your post. Then I read it again.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Reagan believed what he was told when he signed that 1986 bill into law, and it wasn't until later that he found out he banned machineguns.

The cold war? He caused the Soviet Union (remember them?) to spend themselves to the point of destruction by making them believe in our Star Wars program, which had our new media calling him crazy to the point that the Soviets believe it. The program was mostly a fake just to drive the Soviets into exactly what happened. Talking about reliving history, a country spending itself into oblivion.

Reagan wasn't perfect, no president ever was, nor can they ever be because we don't allow them to be human, and we don't allow them to have differing viewpoints than our own.

Reagan took the declining economy left to him by the peanut farmer, said it would take time to get it fixed and over time got it going so well that william jefferson clinton was able to take credit for the good times.

No, Reagan wasn't perfect, but he did restore pride to the people of this great country.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA

Bull. Reagan didn't invent the deficit. Heck, Deficit spending goes back to the Articles of Confederation and the Revolutionary War!

And the proper term is won the Cold War. And it wasn't Eisenhower's, it was America's and every freedom-loving nation's.

Heck, where did you go to school that they can leave someone so ignorant?

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Bull. Reagan didn't invent the deficit. Heck, Deficit spending goes back to the Articles of Confederation and the Revolutionary War!

And the proper term is won the Cold War. And it wasn't Eisenhower's, it was America's and every freedom-loving nation's.

Heck, where did you go to school that they can leave someone so ignorant?

1. History of Deficits and Surpluses In The United States
    Please review the tables and reconsider your comment about ignorance. OR please re read what the word "ignorance" means.

2. I'd rather not meddle in other nation's politics. It gets us into wars later. Unconstitutional wars that drive this country farther into debt.

There seems to be this willful ignorance when it comes to Reagan and conservatives. Now the left is using him as a puppet for their anti-gun agenda and yet people cling to him like he wanted you to be free. He said the 2nd amendment was about "sporting" for crying out loud!

He didn't read the bill in '86? Too bad, he should have had someone read it for him.

level.eleven

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 12, 2009
    Romney would have been as good as Reagan. Corporate stooge that plays to the the religious right. Both average actors. An obvious myth.

Top Bottom