• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    I wonder what happens when someone shoots a cop for walking (or bursting) in unannounced?

Sounds like a great way to put officers in danger and send someone to prison for life....

I can mark Washington off of my list of places to live. Seems Oregon is the last key to the Pacific worth visiting.

Rocket

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    28   0   0
    Jun 7, 2011
    Whiteland
    I like how the bills sponcer and the main interviewe admit that this is the kind of thing we Constitutionalists have been warning against for years! It has valadated our arguments and fears, this article needs to go viral. It also points out that legislators do not always read the garbage they sign. Wow. I am not surprised that this that way. I am surprised they admitted it.

Last edited:

CathyInBlue

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    That was not accidental. That was deliberate. The story even says as much. The authors knew there was no chance of getting it through this political cycle, so they loaded it down with every goodie that they wanted from the catalogue. What they didn't intend was for their interns and flunkies to go that all out and spill all of their confiscatory, police state beans.

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    That was not accidental. That was deliberate. The story even says as much. The authors knew there was no chance of getting it through this political cycle, so they loaded it down with every goodie that they wanted from the catalogue. What they didn't intend was for their interns and flunkies to go that all out and spill all of their confiscatory, police state beans.

Yah, I threw the :bs: when I saw the 'accidental' comment.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you ask for the world, you can get your opponent to negotiate you down to just giving away what you're really after.

Remember, it's only a compromise if both sides give something up. So far, the anti's are giving up nothing and gun owners are falling over themselves to make counter-offers. By asking for stupid things like this, gun owners are already lining up to offer up things to appease them. "Oh, I would accept universal registration in exchange for not passing a complete AWB! I'm happy to have a magazine cap in exchange for not passing the bill that lets the cops search my house! Please please please won't you screw me in the mouth? That would be so much better than being screwed AND beaten!"

AlphaSig112

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 9, 2013
    Lawrence
    If you ask for the world, you can get your opponent to negotiate you down to just giving away what you're really after.

Remember, it's only a compromise if both sides give something up. So far, the anti's are giving up nothing and gun owners are falling over themselves to make counter-offers. By asking for stupid things like this, gun owners are already lining up to offer up things to appease them. "Oh, I would accept universal registration in exchange for not passing a complete AWB! I'm happy to have a magazine cap in exchange for not passing the bill that lets the cops search my house! Please please please won't you screw me in the mouth? That would be so much better than being screwed AND beaten!"

Did you forget some colored text somewhere in there? :laugh:

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

I'm totally willing to give up my AK-15 if we can get back to business as usual.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I must have read this in a comic book somewhere....

The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Did you forget some colored text somewhere in there? :laugh:

Did you think I was being sarcastic? Should I go find the dozens of threads right here on INGO where people are talking about what they're willing to give up to stop a full-on AWB?

jgreiner

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 13, 2011
    Lafayette, IN

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    I must have read this in a comic book somewhere....
    The right of the people to be secure in their persons, houses, papers, and effects, against unreasonable searches and seizures, shall not be violated, and no Warrants shall issue, but upon probable cause, supported by Oath or affirmation, and particularly describing the place to be searched, and the persons or things to be seized.

"Oh, you non-progressive neanderthals always quoting that obsolete, outdated document. That was then, this is now. Get up with the times! The Founding Fathers could not possibly have foreseen ..."

:)

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    "Oh, you non-progressive neanderthals always quoting that obsolete, outdated document. That was then, this is now. Get up with the times! The Founding Fathers could not possibly have foreseen ..."

:)

The really sad thing is that I guess we have reached the point now where most of the American population agree with that sentiment. I also think that most of our elected officials do as well, even if some of them know they can't come out and say it.

Top Bottom