• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Alamo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Oct 4, 2010
    Texas
    ... dragged his body to a shed, put him inside and shut the door. He then drove to the Ft. Ritner Bridge off White River Road and threw the shotgun into the White River..

I've never carried out a murder before, premeditated or otherwise, but I have watched a lot of crime shows, and...aren't you supposed to throw the body in the river too? He had a couple days to arrange this. I'm thinking the suspect's brain is not running on all cylinders, which I suppose is not unusual in this kind of situation.

HoughMade

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 24, 2012
    Valparaiso
    I've never carried out a murder before, premeditated or otherwise, but I have watched a lot of crime shows, and...aren't you supposed to throw the body in the river too? He had a couple days to arrange this. I'm thinking the suspect's brain is not running on all cylinders, which I suppose is not unusual in this kind of situation.

Yeah...I thinking getting rid of the weapon while having the body in the shed shows, perhaps, a little priority issue.

KellyinAvon

Blue-ID Mafia Consigliere
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon

Fort Ritner bridge is about 5 miles from where I grew up. Middle of nowhere with no houses in sight, I remember a murder victim from the Bedford area getting dumped there when I still lived at home back early-80s.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Certainly the loss of this young man's life is sad.

But, in further burying the lede, how do people lose a river?

And there's a road that takes you to a river, that is lost. Hhhhmmmm.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Fort Ritner bridge is about 5 miles from where I grew up. Middle of nowhere with no houses in sight, I remember a murder victim from the Bedford area getting dumped there when I still lived at home back early-80s.

Are you talking about that old, iron, single lane, truss bridge? We live, probably a little more than 5 miles from there but not all that much farther.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Are you talking about that old, iron, single lane, truss bridge? We live, probably a little more than 5 miles from there but not all that much farther.
    You are correct, sir! I remember that bridge before they replaced the floor. It had the raised wooden runners you put the wheels on. You could look down through the floor and see the river.

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    You are correct, sir! I remember that bridge before they replaced the floor. It had the raised wooden runners you put the wheels on. You could look down through the floor and see the river.

That's a scary bridge. You don't know if somebody's coming the other way until you climb that approach and you're practically on it. Then when you get on the Washington county side, that approach is iffy.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    That's a scary bridge. You don't know if somebody's coming the other way until you climb that approach and you're practically on it. Then when you get on the Washington county side, that approach is iffy.
    Backing skills are an absolute driving necessity in that area.

I have to wonder if you knew about this area, why didn't the murderer dispose of the body there? Even if you didn't know the Lawrence/Jackson County side of the river GPS could get you back around to Medora and SR 135 for the return so the observant folks out that way didn't notice a strange car going by and returning.

We may never know. I hate to say it but the obvious lack of planning makes 2nd degree murder a more likely charge. The LEOs and lawyers are better at this than I am, thoughts?

GodFearinGunTotin

Super Moderator
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 22, 2011
    Mitchell
    Backing skills are an absolute driving necessity in that area.

I have to wonder if you knew about this area, why didn't the murderer dispose of the body there? Even if you didn't know the Lawrence/Jackson County side of the river GPS could get you back around to Medora and SR 135 for the return so the observant folks out that way didn't notice a strange car going by and returning.

We may never know. I hate to say it but the obvious lack of planning makes 2nd degree murder a more likely charge. The LEOs and lawyers are better at this than I am, thoughts?

My bet is drugs. A drug addled mind isn't as keen on planning and execution.

KellyinAvon

Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 22, 2012
    Avon
    Because growing up, my family also had a car with enough rusted out to be able to see through the floor. :)
    I meant rolling down the window and looking out. Although I remember as a kid raising my feet up because water was filling the floorboard of the truck as we went through a flooded road.

Top Bottom