• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • CHCRandy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 16, 2013
    Hendricks County
    First off let me say I am not much of a tech freak.....and do well to turn on my computer. My phone is a 10 year old Nokia....so not a smart phone. I want to see American Sniper.......but am sorta non social/claustrophobic and don't want to go to a indoor movie. I have U Verse. Is there anyway to see this movie right now without going to the movie or having a smart phone?

I know this may sound like a stupid question.....but thought there may be a way to watch it from home.

Thanks

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    And by "that sort of thing" he means theft :)

Let me be clear, downloading a pirated movie is theft.

Having said that the movie industry is going to have to wake up and smell the coffee. I was around when Napster first started and yes, I downloaded free music. However I repeatedly said that I would be more than willing to pay a buck a song. I was just tired of having to buy a $16 CD just to get the one or two songs I wanted. It took a while and the music industry swore it was going to ruin the business, but has anyone bought a physical CD lately?

Digital downloads, or better yet steaming, of movies are the wave of the future. The trick will be to keep them from being easily shared. This is where steaming is the answer in my mind. Pay a fee of maybe $10 and have it expire in 24-48 hours.

It will cut earnings on movies but I for one will not feel bad if these stars only get 2 or 3 million per movie instead of 20-30.

A lot of people like the experience of going to a movie in a theater but it is absurd that you practically have to fill out a loan application to take you family to the movies now. When all my kids were at home, we had five people. $11 per ticket =$55 plus another $40 - $50 at the snack bar and your dropping a C note on a movie.

CZB1962

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 10, 2013
    Newburgh
    People are still buying, so I wouldn't be lowering my prices either!

For now, but there are a ton of the younger generation that are downloading instead of going out. My wife and I still go from time to time, but 95% of the time I skip the snack bar just out of principal.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In

Having said that the movie industry is going to have to wake up and smell the coffee. I was around when Napster first started and yes, I downloaded free music. However I repeatedly said that I would be more than willing to pay a buck a song. I was just tired of having to buy a $16 CD just to get the one or two songs I wanted. It took a while and the music industry swore it was going to ruin the business, but has anyone bought a physical CD lately?

Digital downloads, or better yet steaming, of movies are the wave of the future. The trick will be to keep them from being easily shared. This is where steaming is the answer in my mind. Pay a fee of maybe $10 and have it expire in 24-48 hours.

It will cut earnings on movies but I for one will not feel bad if these stars only get 2 or 3 million per movie instead of 20-30.

A lot of people like the experience of going to a movie in a theater but it is absurd that you practically have to fill out a loan application to take you family to the movies now. When all my kids were at home, we had five people. $11 per ticket =$55 plus another $40 - $50 at the snack bar and your dropping a C note on a movie.

Yet it is still one of the cheapest forms of entertainment. Especially when you take into the fact you are watching a multi million dollar production. In a building that cost's multiple millions.
    No one forces you to stop at the snack bar.
    And people have no problem paying much more to watch a bunch of over paid felons running around a field, with a bunch of drunks in attendance.
    A good day at the range could be $60-$70 just for the ammo for one person.
    A good meal at a restaurant for 5 would be in the $75.00 range and not last 2hrs like a movie.
    Movie ticket prices have not kept up with the price increase's in most other forms of entertainment.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I haven't been to a movie in 6-7 years or more. I watch Netflix and Showbox. I stream it to my big screen with Chromecast. I can pause it to take a whiz. I can make my own popcorn and drink a real pop. I can kick back in my easy chair. There are a few movies I really want to see now, But I keep talking my self in to waiting a few months.

voodoo304

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 27, 2011
    SW Indy
    The movie and book are both available online for free. Google is your friend. An Android phone can get you almost anything you want to watch, then drop $30 on Chromecast and you're set.

BigBoxaJunk

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 9, 2013
    East-ish
    I haven't been to a movie in 6-7 years or more. I watch Netflix and Showbox. I stream it to my big screen with Chromecast. I can pause it to take a whiz. I can make my own popcorn and drink a real pop. I can kick back in my easy chair. There are a few movies I really want to see now, But I keep talking my self in to waiting a few months.

Same for me. I think my kids took me to Avatar some years ago and that was the last movie I've seen in the theater. My son got me a Roku box and that's pretty cool, and I also watch a lot of stuff on my computer.

Bonkers4Bacon

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 25, 2014
    Fields of Green
    If you're motivated and look in the right places, you can find just about any movie you want for free on the internet. I do not condone these actions, nor do I participate. But the option is there. Just sayin'...

mbills2223

Eternal Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 16, 2011
    Indy
    it can be found online...if that sort of thing doesn't bother you.

The movie and book are both available online for free. Google is your friend. An Android phone can get you almost anything you want to watch, then drop $30 on Chromecast and you're set.

If you're motivated and look in the right places, you can find just about any movie you want for free on the internet. I do not condone these actions, nor do I participate. But the option is there. Just sayin'...

So I'm told...

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011

Interestingly enough, originally, pirated music and movies were actively encouraged by movie and music studios. Sony cranked out millions of VCR and recording tape players. They allowed it because it disseminated their products at a low quality. However, once tech made recordings as good as originals then they wanted to clamp down. They created their own issue. It's still theft, but I think it important to put things in perspective.

Mr Evilwrench

Quantum Mechanic
    Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 18, 2011
    Carmel
    Misophonia makes going to a theater a torture for me, so I avoid going. The consumption of popcorn basically makes me want to punch people in the face. I just buy a lot of DVDs and Netflix. I can wait for a while for something to come out. I did accompany m'lady and my son to see "Fury", and eagerly await its availability, but that's only about a week I think. Be patient.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Another specious option is to buy DVD in Indy or FW. 5-10 dollars and you are good to go or so I hear.....( unless they recorded it from their seat and people are walking in front of the movie.....)

Top Bottom