• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndianaSigma

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2011
    Huntington, IN
    I didn't like Ron Paul at first....then I did some digging and found that he is the only candidate that has stuck by his opinions for many years. He doesn't change them to align with his political party or because it is the popular opinion.

While I may not agree with everything he says, I definitely think he is the most trustworthy one of the bunch.

I especially loved the comment he made about borrowing money from China to give to other countries. We're broke.....have China help them.

Most elections just consist of the American people being offered a few piles of poo.....and we are forced to choose one of them.....Anyone else sick of this?

Boiled Owl

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 29, 2010
    Newton Co. !
    Think about the debates as a way to highlight the biggest pile of poo and whomever is polling a little higher this week. IE: Hermann Cain is refreshing but honesty 9-9-9 could we lose any more time talking about this farce? Groom the RINO poo and give the electorate the choice between bad and worse. I quit watching debates in 2008. It helps.

steveh_131

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Porter County
    I have one question.

How much support would he have to gain in order for the naysayers to stop talking about how unelectable he is? Is there anything that would change your mind on this?

CarmelHP

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Carmel
    I have one question.

How much support would he have to gain in order for the naysayers to stop talking about how unelectable he is? Is there anything that would change your mind on this?

He has to win a primary or two to show he's electable. Elections are the only polls that count.

Bunnykid68

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Mar 2, 2010
    Cave of Caerbannog
    He has to win a primary or two to show he's electable. Elections are the only polls that count.
    Yep and both sides of the media discredit him every chance they get. He is very electable in my opinion but the GOP does not want him as their man. Cannot have someone in that position that won't do what he is told.

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Cannot have someone in that position that won't do what he is told.

hammer-nail.jpg

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Rambone: Did you work for RP's presidential run in 2008?

I did. But I also watched the debates in 2008. I decided to not watch any debates this time. Tired of the scripted events to showcase the RINO and whomever happens to be polling decent this week. Better to throw some money at your candidate, and work to get them elected. And likely, look back and say I tried.
    No I didn't. I was unfortunately still asleep in 2008 and prior. I was making the mistake of getting all my "news" from corporate propagandists who did everything in their power to talk up the establishment losers and ignore Ron Paul. This year I most definitely am working to get Ron Paul elected. I am one of the organizers of the grassroots campaign group in my county and every week I am doing several activities toward this. I've donated several times and spent a lot of money on local events as well. We are planning our door-to-door campaign shortly. "Let it not be said that we did nothing."

rjstew317

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Sep 13, 2010
    Fishers
    No I didn't. I was unfortunately still asleep in 2008 and prior. I was making the mistake of getting all my "news" from corporate propagandists who did everything in their power to talk up the establishment losers and ignore Ron Paul. This year I most definitely am working to get Ron Paul elected. I am one of the organizers of the grassroots campaign group in my county and every week I am doing several activities toward this. I've donated several times and spent a lot of money on local events as well. We are planning our door-to-door campaign shortly. "Let it not be said that we did nothing."
    you might want to rethink the "door to door" campaign, it just might turn more people off then it could convert.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 21, 2011
    How does the fact that we have an "electorate college" alter my point?

You can win the popular vote but lose the election. but on the point about libertarians ... well Ron Paul is running as a Republican, next to nobody is mentioning the fact he is a libertarian at the moment.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    You can win the popular vote but lose the election. but on the point about libertarians ... well Ron Paul is running as a Republican, next to nobody is mentioning the fact he is a libertarian at the moment.

My point is this:

Ron Paul will never be elected for the simple reason that most voters disagree with his positions.

There seems to be an assumption among some that Paul is getting screwed by the media. I believe this is true. I also believe he would still be unelectable even if that wasn't true.

I'm a libertarian. I wish a libertarian could be President. Not possible anytime soon.

KLB

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Sep 12, 2011
    Porter County
    Obama was very much a Media favorite. Many of them actively campaigned for him during their broadcasts.

I remember Bill Cafferty on CNN was really bad, both in the primaries and the general election.

Top Bottom