Watching your garden grow.....under govt restrictions......

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • melensdad

Grandmaster
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Far West Suburban Lowellabama
    I've been following this too. The Democratic representative from Connecticut has a deep relationship and ties to lobbyists from Monsanto. Monsanto is the same company buying all the seed companies, making genetically modified seed that 'terminates' itself if the seed is saved for next season, which has modified genes in some of its seed to require it be sprayed with Monsanto brand herbicides, etc.

This is a BAD bill.

While I don't believe it is aimed at family gardens, it is a foot in the door toward regulating a family that grows some of its own food, that maybe has a couple chickens for eggs, etc.

Further there is a movement to go to more organic gardening by people and for every gardener who goes organic, about 1 out of 10 end up selling some of their crops to a local restaurant, or a local farmers market . . . this bill will then extend to and regulate that production!!!

IT IS A BAD BILL.

AFA1CY

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    In that Field that is Green
    Sure the government is going to protect us. They can't even decide what vegetable is responsible for illness now. First it was the green onions, oops, no it's the tomatoes, oops, no it's the hot peppers...

Dr Falken

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 28, 2008
    Bloomington
    Hah, was just over at an organic gardening site and saw this, glad to see that it got posted here. By the way, Andre Carson in the 7th district is a co-sponsor. Anyone live there want to give him a call? Anyhoo, had fun on the organic site "next thing ya'll be telling me they want to take my gun away!" I hope that they could see that an over reaching government is an over reaching government and if they want to meddle with you growing your own food, then maybe you ought to rethink your priorities.

VN Vet

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Sheeple!!! Thanks, did you coin this word. I can see it being added to our dictionary in the next three years.

Definition: People of non significance. People that are expendable. A new food source established by the USA on December 12, 2012.

Well I guess this is one way to control world population.

jedi

Da PinkFather
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Oct 27, 2008
    NWI, North of US-30
    Top Bottom