• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Maddawg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 22, 2008
    Lexington,IN
    I am the Commanding Officer of the Watchmen of Indiana....Some may ask who are the Watchmen of Indiana...well....

We the Watchmen are a Civil Preparedness group. We are a subsidiary and supporter of Watchmen of America. We are American Citizens; men and women, that have come together as a group united by our moral beliefs, and to live by and under the Constitution of the United States and the Bill of Rights. We are a group of people that have come together with the same mindset of being prepared for the worst-case scenarios that could fall upon us, whether it is man made disasters, natural disasters, or an economic collapse. Together as a group we stand a much higher chance of survival. Also, can you answer your children and grand children honestly when they ask you.....

"What was America like when it was FREE???"

Feel free to check us out online

WATCHMEN OF INDIANA

or contact me here with any questions one may have...God Bless one and all and remember to stay safe and be strong :patriot: :draw: :patriot:

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    Sigh. Why don't you guys just join up with the legal, constitutional militia. There are plenty of them around.

We have plenty of self created militias around here. They are called Crips, Bloods, Latin Kings, MS13, Outlaws MC and many more.

We don't need another self created militia in my AO. Please stay away.

But if I was to join your group, could I be a Colonel too? But, who will issue my Commision? Have you ever seen an actual Commision? Or do we decide on Saturday morning in the coffe shop who gets to be the Colonel next month?

These threads are tiresome, but I am sure you will get lots of responses from eager, innocent volunteers. As for me, I have you guys figured out.

Here we go. I am ready.....Fire away.

Last edited:

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    where the grass dont grow
    sloughfoot your right on the money man.we dont need groups who come together and form there own laws and there own rank structure (thats how we got in this mess in the first place) we need responsible citizens who communicate with each other that way when SHTF, were ready to come together as a whole and fix it.
    too many people want to take charge and run around barking orders because they believe that they know what is best for everyone.
    everyone needs their own personal survival plan because when it goes down, you have to look after you first and formost(family included)

get involved with your community or just your neighbors and have a plan to survive if things go south.dont worry about forming another government as soon as ours collapses...somebody will already be 10 steps ahead of you and be ready to take that spot, and if they cant handle it well get him out and get someone who can in there.

wish it was that simple though, im living in an old west fairy tale.sorry guys...didnt wanna get nobodys hopes up

BillyT

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 23, 2010
    Indy
    I think have separate "militias" is a decent idea.

I also don't care much for how any overrated cermony regarding the handing out of rank. Pvt or full bird colonel. Men follow leadership, courage and honor.

If you think militias are stupid, fine. If you think they're full of ineffective outdated training, then step up. I see man with a plan. Someone doing something. Founders were abunch of irregulars and pretty much considered trash by the Brits.. just saying.

Individuals will fall & communities will thrive.

RichardR

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 21, 2010
    Best of luck to ya Maddawg, I was a pretend Colonel once, but I was commanding a bunch of air-soft players & not a bunch of militia members.

You'd probably be very wise to keep a good attorney on retainer, all of the liability (both criminal & civil) involved with something like that would be way way way to risky for me.

sloughfoot

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Apr 17, 2008
    Huntertown, IN
    BillyT, you have been mis-informed.

The Colonial Militias were authorized by the Colonial Governments and were ultimately under the command and control of the Governor. The County's Militia Officers were commissioned by the Governor and the number of troops were authorized by the same authority.

The Militia system was in place for about 200 years before the American Revolution against the Crown of England.

The history is there, it has been forgotten.

Massacres, and all kinds of travesties against civilians have all been committed by self created militias.

i do not want a repeat of the Kansas raids and town burnings during the war between the states.

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    once again sloughfoot hit the nail right one the head.

who are the deciders on whether or not their country has a military,who appoints and awards the ranks in the military,who actually gives the orders and makes the rules for the military?????

CIVILIANS

no history lesson will be given today by me, that is for you and the history books.
    however the facts remain...governments are formed first,they decide everything else.how many branches,how many personnel,location,and structure..

who appointed those men their ranks who fought against the brits?certainly not themselves or each other...

sctsniper

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 6, 2011
    just checked out your website.i see that your a marine (no such thing as former brother) and i see where your coming from, i see the concerns you have and i respect your initiative for trying to make a difference. i do

but on a personal level, most marines i no and i am included in this... is that one of the reasons we are getting out is because of the whole rank structure b/s.

theres a time and a place for giving orders to make sure the job gets done,but i for one will not have someone telling me where to go,when i can come back, and most definitely who to eliminate anymore without knowing for a fact that that person deserves what i am about to send.

i can tell everyone of you from personal experience in this "war on terror" that most of the time when someone higher than you that sits in an office and gets his intel from his buddy who says theyll make 2.4 billion buy eliminating a certain person...is completely WRONG.

no more taking false orders for this guy.no more taking orders period...ill utilize the skills that i have for the right reasons and reasons only i can explain.

some people need killin,true...some do not.
    let me be the deciding factor on that one.

so who exactly promoted you to COL. anyway? civilians dont do rank, except for G
    did you work your way up from LT?

ALSO: is it possible considering my military background and the high number of missions ive been on, could i apply for your position?ive always wanted to be a master guns,could i get that. ive been to Iraq three times and Afghanistan twice, in 3 years.

I CAN NOT AND WILL NOT REVEAL ANY INFORMATION REGUARDING PREVIOUS OR FUTURE MISSIONS. SO PLEASE DO NOT ASK. (I GET THAT ALOT)
    THANK YOU

Last edited:

BumpShadow

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 7, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    O goody, another militia...

I'm curious, who do you answer too?

Do you work with the Indiana Guard Reserve? You know, the real militia. Do you have authorzation to where bdu's? Can I see said authorization? Also your charter from the Indiana State Assembly would be nice? Or do I have to give a total stranger all my personal info before hand?

I saw your website. Did you fill sandbags during any of indianas' floods? Or is your group just about the gun's? It did say natural disasters, did it not?

Just as a side note, I too an former military. Make with the credentials then we'll go from there.

Kutnupe14

Troll Emeritus
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 13, 2011
    Though I'm not a big fan of militias, I will hold my tongue. However, I'm curious, which version of the Constitution, which most militias swear to uphold, do they recognize? Do you go with the original sans the Amendments after the Bill of Rights, or down a bit further. I think this is a legitimate question.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I have yet to see any militia made up of anything other than self-appointed command-level officers. Who digs the latrines?

Rookie

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 22, 2008
    Kokomo
    The simple fact that he decided to try to create more interest by spamming is a turn off for me and the reason I won't even bother going to his website.

With that being said, I've decided that I'm a fifty six star general. Scutter grab a shovel.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I've just promoted myself to Supreme Overlord Admiral of the Combined Freedom Forces of Indiana. YOU grab a shovel.

Sailor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    Fort Wayne
    The simple fact that he decided to try to create more interest by spamming is a turn off for me and the reason I won't even bother going to his website.

With that being said, I've decided that I'm a fifty six star general. Scutter grab a shovel.

Exactly. And I am going trust my families safety and security to crackpots from the net?

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I've just promoted myself to Supreme Overlord Admiral of the Combined Freedom Forces of Indiana. YOU grab a shovel.

And I will be the shadowy character that is always in the background controlling what the leader says and does... patience my puppet. We will take control shortly. bwahahaha:rockwoot:

Top Bottom