• ...and so much more!
  • Raskolnikov

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 24, 2012
    Indianapolis
    I hear this argument a lot.

I don't disagree that "old angry white men" are losing influence and numbers.

However, I don't understand the "we have adjust our message" mantra.

Really? What do people mean by that?

If our message is freedom, limited government, and respect for Constitutional principles, then what exactly do we gain by adjusting?

What Constitutional freedoms are you willing to "adjust" to appease the sensibilities of the "younger non-white" population?

Personally, I'd rather go to my grave advocating and defending what our Founding Fathers have bequeathed us, which is nothing less than the greatest government devised by man, resulting in the greatest rights and freedom people have ever known.

If younger people want to reject something good just because a bunch of "old white men" created it, then let them live in the world that they deserve.

Excellent post. I'll take the ideas and philosophy of "angry old white men" any day over the alternative.

JNG

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Hey, it's the NRA. Nobody expected Kumbai-ya. Of course, more guns/bigger magazines for the good guys is the answer. If you love hammers evrything nail is an opportunity. A good guy with a bazooka is better than a bad guy with a tank. Hey, let's go all the way and train 5-6 yr olds in gun safety and not to panic in a firefight. Put that armor on. That's why its been stashed under your desk all year. C'mon folks, an civilian arms race is not the answer. This is really not about freedom anymore.

You are so right. Let's all disarm, leave our kids unprotected, and trust evil men and lunatics to take notice of our good faith. Anything to avoid a "civilian arms race."

On second thought, this reminds me in tone and content of all those in the media who insisted that a bloodbath was coming when states were passing CCW and castle laws.

Getting back to the OP post--I thought WLP earned a solid A-. He didn't back off or back down on the 2nd Amendment, and he rightly identified the fact that American culture is morally rotting and promotes violence at every turn (an illness of which movies and video games are undeniably symptoms) as part of the problem.

Top Bottom