Wayne LaPierre--Is it time for the NRA to choose a new SPOX?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • spec4

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 19, 2010
    NWI
    For years I've been disappointed in Wayne's performance. We need someone who can create a sense of presence and make the libs look like the turkeys they are. BTW, I pay my $35 a year to the NRA because the libs clearly see them as a big threat. Worth the money to keep the membership count up. How often do we hear the libs fret over GOA? Not dissing, just observing.

EvilBlackGun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   1
    Apr 11, 2011
    Mid-eastern
    We need a WOMAN to speak for the "better Halves" ....

..... that some if us have. And there are LOTS of wise, articulate, (even gorgeous, in a few cases!) females who could blow Wayne off the podium, just by relating their own experiences. I vote for a WOMAN to boot LaP, !!! He is a zombie, with JUST AS MANY PERKS AS MOST OF OUR CONGRESS-JERKS HAVE ACCRUED!

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    I'd like to see someone like Deb Wolff as the spokesperson. For those of you who don't know, she's a regular caller to Opie & Anthony and Ron & Fez. She is an articulate and outspoken proponent of the 1st Amendment and has already gone up against the likes of Al Sharpton. I don't know what her politics are, though. She's never mentioned if she's pro-gun or anti.

[ame]http://youtu.be/Cg1Blol9dHI[/ame]
    [ame]http://youtu.be/IffxNJVgQsI[/ame]

wakproductions

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 19, 2012
    Indianapolis
    Some of his zingers in the press conference after the school shooting just seemed out of touch too. "The only thing that stops a bad guy with a gun is a good guy with a gun" just wasn't very powerful. NRA would be better off with someone who sounds less extremist and is better at articulating reasons we oppose more gun laws. NRA needs a more coherent, consistent message.

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    I nominate Ben Shapiro.

I have been VERY impressed by his arguments on behalf of the 2A against Piers Morgan and everyone else that has decided to take him on. I think it's time for a younger, agile voice to represent us.

My vote, too.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    CC is tight with Harry Reid. About says it all, does it not?
    Well, no, but thank you for answering anyway. Asked more out of curiosity.

Hopefully a satisfactory replacement can be found that is considered above reproach.

Hotdoger

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Boone County, In.
    Well, no, but thank you for answering anyway. Asked more out of curiosity.

Hopefully a satisfactory replacement can be found that is considered above reproach.

Harry Reid has a 3 rating with NRA and an F with GOA. Sharon Angle had an 10 NRA and an A with the GOA. Think they helped Sharon in her bid to beat Reid. No Reid paid off the NRA with a shooting range and the NRA stayed out of the race.

Chris Cox defended the NRA laying down for Reid.

There are tons of Washington dirty dealings with CC doing the deed.

MTC

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 14, 2009
    Harry Reid has a 3 rating with NRA and an F with GOA. Sharon Angle had an 10 NRA and an A with the GOA. Think they helped Sharon in her bid to beat Reid. No Reid paid off the NRA with a shooting range and the NRA stayed out of the race.
    Being a Life member of both, I like GOA's rating system better than NRA's. They (GOA) already have their own spokespeople (got to meet them on a few occasions).

In keeping with the thread topic, it will be interesting to see what, if any, changes are made.

calcot7

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    Indy N Side
    The 1st thing the NRA should do (like most leftist do) is only do an interview with questions that they have pre-screened and agreed to, so they can have prepared answers! 2nd is "call" and issue press conferences with prepared statements and take no questions! Surprise questions and twist in interviews can trip any of us up? The antis have the use of media down better than the pro gun crowd!
    Agreed, but being interviewed at all would probably be the big problem. The majority of the population would not watch an interview that was fair and unbiased and, would allow a positive, pro gun topic because they only watch the sheep heerding networks.

4evercoltsfan

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 16, 2009
    Goshen
    A good spokesperson for us would be the youtube guy Nutnfancy...

I have been watching him for years (when he only had 5 video's) and have been a follower ever since. He made some very good comments when he spoke at the Utah capitol in January!
    :patriot:

24Carat

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 20, 2010
    Newburgh
    Seems to me some NRA members need to start calling and forwarding the idea to the NRA staff that WL needs to be "reassigned" .

Top Bottom