• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    all the anti gunners got the time....... thier paycheck comes on a little card in most states

Hiker1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 8, 2009
    South
    Let's not forget that some are signing that petition as non-registered voters, or ineligible to do so. Also, many complainers have no intention of showing up at the polls during election time. Therefore, the petition is flawed at the outset.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Let's not forget that some are signing that petition as non-registered voters, or ineligible to do so. Also, many complainers have no intention of showing up at the polls during election time. Therefore, the petition is flawed at the outset.

Your logic is flawed. Gun owners lost the last election.

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville

Let's not also forget that some of the signers of this petition are non-registered voters who still managed to get their votes counted in the last election. In some cases, they voted more than once. Likewise, several deceased people voted.

duff72

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 12, 2009
    I hope they make the posession of a firearm a federal offense.

Lazy gun owners don't deserve any rights.

I understand your frustration but these rights are ours regardless and should not even be in question until mental illness , criminal activity, and many other issues that are the real problem have been rectified

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    By the way, nothing against the OP but signing a WH petition really won't do anything. After all, remember that this goes to Obama and he does only what he wants to do, not what those who disagree with him want to do. More meaningful action is to always be sure to vote, financially support 2A rights groups, contact your political representatives directly, be respectful yet outspoken for your gun rights, and always be prepared to present a clear, logical argument for your rights.

A bit OT, but while 195k have signed the petition for gun control there have been 125k petitioning for the secession of Texas. We all know that will never happen.

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I'm curious about these whitehouse.gov petitions; I was telling a co-worker about one of the polls supporting gun rights and the poll had a response "from the whitehouse" and it would not allow my friend to sign onto it.

Do the petitions close after a .gov response? If so, it's entertaining and informative to see they respond to the pro gun polls as soon as there are enough signatures to require them to yet they allow the anti-gun polls to continue to rack up signatures. It appears that they are doing this to run up the numbers to support the stance that the whitehouse WILL take because after all the petitions for gun control have hundreds of thousands of signatures while the anti gun control polls only have several thousand signatures.

Or am I wearing my tinfoil to tight again?

abigbadzebra

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 26, 2011
    Richmond
    I think paranoia gets some of us.. :):

It already got the 50k votes it needed to get an 'official' response. More signatures doesn't gain us anything else, does it?

femurphy77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Mar 5, 2009
    S.E. of disorder
    I think paranoia gets some of us.. :):

It already got the 50k votes it needed to get an 'official' response. More signatures doesn't gain us anything else, does it?

Agreed, so what's the purpose in allowing the anti petitions to continue gathering signatures? I don't know, maybe it's been an hour or two since we've had a good conspiracy theory on here, of course, maybe the mods are deliberately closing and removing the conspiracy threads?:dunno::laugh:

kawtech87

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Nov 17, 2011
    Martinsville
    The petetions have all been "responded to" now we cant sign. I think I signed them all anyway.

Now its time to make new ones. And when they close those ones, make new ones. Keep it going do not be silent.

Top Bottom