• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • bjswifty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Ok I've got a Browning buckmark micro with a bull barrel, with the standard iron sights. It's pretty accurate, except lining up the sights isn't as easy as it should be, I thought about switching the front with a fiber optic sight, but that's another story. What I would think is fun, is to get a weaver base to replace the rear sight base, and attach a reflex sight. I saw a few buckmark specific bases, but they are pretty pricey, such as around $30. I then noticed gander mountain's website had what looks to be universal weaver bases, with multiple screw holes, for roughly $9.. Does anyone have any experience with these universal bases? I'm guessing I would just need to measure to make sure I get the right one..

It would probably just be cheaper and more practical to just replace the front sight (or both front and back) with fiber optic, any thoughts on that too?

Thanks,

Bjswifty

bjswifty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Ok sure point taken. :-) but those mounts would never go on a $300 plinking pistol.. I guess now I'm thinking about the math, it would just be 10% the price of the gun.. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I would think any weaver base that properly fits would do the job, regardless of price?

bjswifty

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Wow thanks snorko! That would he nice to have, and keep the rear sights incase I wanted to remove the scope. But I'm confused, can reflex sights fit on both picatinny and weaver bases, or do the come in either or, or just weaver?

Top Bottom