• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rideac

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Feb 7, 2011
    whatever you want to call them. do you use them? what are your thoughts on all of the various kinds of load bearing vests?

I want to get one and start customizing it, but buying online and possibly not liking it is something that i don't want to deal with. Are there any stores in the indianapolis area that have this kind of equipment?

thanks

Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Dec 7, 2008
    Greenfield
    There were a couple of threads on here (one linked below) that had pics of different setups. (I have yet to upload my pics). That being said, the molle attachment system is my personal preference, as it allows you to completely customize, and not risk the entire bank roll on something you may not like. If you spend $20 on a new pouch, and don't like it, your not out the entire cost of the setup. The more likely scenario is the pouch doesn't get used for what you originally intended, but you move it to now perform a different job. Additionally, you can always change the configuration when you add items or change based your needs at the time.

I personally rarely ever use my vest. But, I use my war belt and 3 day bag a lot, and they all have interchangable molle attachments. This allows me to take what I need and trade when necessary.

Depending on what you are using it for, a war belt or battle belt may be a good starting point / alternative option.

Just my :twocents:

https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo.../67658-lets_see_your_web_gear_-_pictures.html

jeremy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Feb 18, 2008
    Fiddler's Green
    If you have never worn one before. Go to a Surplus Store or a Gun Show and try on the Different models to find out which one fits your frame best...

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    I've got an old 2nd generation LBV (load bearing vest) had I had back in the day just for memories sake. It what I'd trained with and if I ever needed one that's where my muscle memory would be. It just lays around in a pile stuff in a bag. It won't hold armor plates but it takes a pistol belt for more stuff. Probably not my best use of $20, but definately not my worst either.

Top Bottom