• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    My wife and I were in the $5000 range all said and done. And I think $1800 of that was the honeymoon to Dominican Republic.

But we were "helped" out quite a bit in the form of early wedding gifts.

We were gifted half of our photography package, my folks and their friends did the catering, her mom had set aside a specific amount to give each of her daughters, one of wife's co-workers does cakes on the side so the cake was our gift from them, etc etc.

We decided VERY early on in the wedding planning that there was absolutely positively no freaking way that we would even THINK about going into any kind of debt for anything wedding-related. And we didn't!

Weddings CAN be done inexpensively. And, in MY opinion, they SHOULD be done inexpensively.

-J-

Caleb

Making whiskey, one batch at a time!
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Aug 11, 2008
    Columbus, IN
    We decided VERY early on in the wedding planning that there was absolutely positively no freaking way that we would even THINK about going into any kind of debt for anything wedding-related. And we didn't!

Weddings CAN be done inexpensively. And, in MY opinion, they SHOULD be done inexpensively.

-J-

I agree, that's why I'm trying to get an idea I need to save for a wedding...you know, should I marry somebody soon

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    I agree, that's why I'm trying to get an idea I need to save for a wedding...you know, should I marry somebody soon

Much of that depends on HER...

If you get involved with a spoiled brat of a kid...one whose parents always had a lot of money...then chances are higher that she'll want her super-duper fantabulous princess-like wedding that will cost umpteen thousand dollars, your left testicle, AND half of your liver. But, if that's the case, then perhaps mommy and daddy will pick up the tab...

If you find yourself invovled with someone who was raised up on a farm and relatively poor all her life...then that life-long frugal mind-set will definitely bleed over into future wedding planning. Usually.

In other words, it all depends on the woman. :D

-J-

Fishersstang

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Fishers
    im getting hitched this spring 09 and i think it will be out $12,000 total.. I will only pay for some of it and most will be done by her parents. Wedding at a small church in Fortville, and the after wedding is at Conner prairie. Family friend that owns a photography studio is doing our photos (I feel bad for them cause we are both Photographers also) no more then 120 people at the wedding and about 140 at conner prairie. any one that wants to send money please do hahaha

csaws

Master
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 28, 2008
    Morgan County
    We got married in Sept. we went on Vacation and on the way home our families and friends met us in Gatlinburg. The wedding, reception and a 22 person cabin for two days (yes we all stayed together) we had less than $5,000 total in it (I am on the high side maybe up to $2000 less but I am not sure of the exact total)

Almost heaven resorts
    Calhoun's Reception hall
    Jackson Mountain Home Cabins

All of the places were really nice.

Top Bottom