• Blackhawk2001

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 20, 2010
    NW Indianapolis
    FIFY :laugh:

I'll give her a pass on this one. Who hasnt joked about "killing" someone when they really didnt mean it? Distasteful given her position? Maybe. But I've heard others in .mil and .gov joking about doing bad and inappropriate things to bad guys before when there was absolutely no intention of actually carrying it out.

Unless the MSM makes a big deal about this and spells out EXACTLY what it means, expect major yawns from the masses. They wont understand or care unless someone points out how bad it is. "its just somebody else's money given to somebody else. Big deal. Not my money, not my care. :dunno:"

She said she didn't recall joking about droning Assange. Perhaps she wasn't joking at all.

OutdoorDad

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 19, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Set the partisan politics aside for a moment.

Am I the only one who would be ok with killing him?
    I don't know if it would make any difference in information already stolen in being distributed publicly. And I suspect Russia already has hard copies of everything.

But it might make the next spy who would steal our secrets think twice.

cobber

Parrot Daddy
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Sep 14, 2011
    Somewhere over the rainbow

I don't know if it would make any difference in information already stolen in being distributed publicly. And I suspect Russia already has hard copies of everything.

"Our" being the DNC, Hillary and the Clinton Foundation?

Too bad the US didn't do that to Daniel Ellsberg back in the day, right?

Or the Rosenbergs?

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish

Has he committed a capital crime? Has he stolen or revealed the strategic secrets of the US? I actually don't know. So if you're aware of something he's stolen or revealed other than the embarrassing secrets of politicians, I could agree with capital punishment.

Like with Snowden there are two important but separate sides to this. One is the theft of US secrets. That's a problem. The second is the revelation of the horrible and illegal things people in our government do in secret. That side of it is a service.

I wouldn't want to un-know what was revealed by Snowden just because of how he got the information or what he did with it. Even if the source of the information Assange received is the Russians trying to influence American elections, I would not want to un-know the information revealed about a crooked candidate trying to become POTUS. The press and the embarrassed politicians are trying to act like the information is invalid because it was stolen for nefarious purposes. I think the service done by having Assange having revealed the information tends to mitigate at least a little bit of whatever punishment is due for whatever nefarious purposes he might have.

Jludo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Feb 14, 2013
    Indianapolis

Think twice? I must be strange in wanting to know the nefarious things my government is up to.

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed

I think you are missing the irony of Hillary:
    • going through the "justice" process
    • for giving away U.S. secrets
    • not paying any price
    discussing Assange:
    • not being given due process
    • for giving away Democrat secrets
    • paying the ultimate price
    It doesn't get any more partisan than this situation. Of anyone in America, she has the least claim to make that decision. She may end up with the power, but that is our loss.

Last edited:

Vigilant

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Jul 12, 2008
    Plainfield

Prosecuting Hillary for mishandling secrets may have deterred the next spy as well, but that didn't happen! Enter newest NSA contractor with secrets in his car and at home, flash bang grenades, raids, and in jail awaiting prosecution! No YEAR long investigation, no congressional hearings, go to jail, do not pass go...

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    I wouldn't give her a pass, most people can joke because they're clearly not going to do it/in no position to do it even if they wanted to. If you're privileged to be in a position to actually order clandestine operations carried out against political dissidents then jokes about killing said dissidents are not acceptable.

So if thats the case, you can no longer use the term "I'm gonna kill him." After all, you too have the tools at your disposal to actually do the deed.

Know that I wouldnt **** on her if she was on fire, but saying you cant make jokes like that is a double edged sword. If she cant joke about droning him, you cant make jokes about harming others.

Top Bottom