• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sarlakk

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    A few eating suggestions:

The Elbow Room on the corner of Pennsylvania and North has an amazing bison burger, and their other food is good too.

Yats on Mass. Ave. is great and inexpensive Cajun/creole food.

Pot Belly's, located on the South East quadrant of the Circle has great sub-type sandwiches and is owned by a military veteran iirc, to boot. Plus, Rocket Fizz the candy/soda shop is right next door.

And, for more upscale, as someone already mentioned, St. Elmo's shrimp cocktail is a must!

Denny347

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 18, 2008
    Napganistan
    My favorite place for steak is St Elmo's Steakhouse. There is no better place in Indiana for steak. It;s right downtown. Might grab myself something there tonight as a matter of fact.

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Papa Roux on the near east side (10th and Post) is extremely pro-gun and they have absolutely fantastic creole food. They also have a location in City Market downtown, but they have a limited menu there. Mostly po'boys at that location.

Sylvain

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 30, 2010
    Normandy
    Aucun sarcasme, mon ami, svp.

Vous savez ce qui est arrive a Broad Ripple.

It was a true and honest question. :dunno:

I just know about a this one downtown but never went inside.

8611636.JPG

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Well, ok, I thought you were being a funny-pants, then you need to go to Rene's in Broad Ripple. Heck, just hang out in Broad Ripple and you can eat your way to restaurant to restaurant and not leave for a month.:laugh:

Broad Ripple has lots of coffee, great food, bars and pretend/wannabe hippe chicks to keep you busy for a while.

Rene's Bakery : Indianapolis, Indiana

No2rdame

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 8, 2012
    Noblesville
    15% sales tax on food, rental cars, hotels and lots of other stuff.( stadium tax.) thought you might want to know.

And Chicago doesn't do the same? That's the way of life for every city. However, Indy is also a lot less expensive (and overall, considerably more gun friendly) than anything in Chicago. At least here, walking the streets, he won't be considered a common criminal for exercising his rights to carry.

Everyone here has presented plenty of good options for things to do. Make a list of what you want and feel free to ask on these boards if any specific establishment is or isn't gun friendly. The fine INGO folk will gladly help you out.

cg21

Master
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    May 5, 2012
    where do you guys recomend parking for the walk on the canal ? Is indy like chicago gotta pay to park newhere?

Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    You will almost never have to pay to park if you're familiar. That being said, parking isn't expensive if you do pay. For the canal, you can find a place to park at the Zoo or White river Park. If you're staying in a hotel downtown, you can pretty much walk anywhere you like if you're okay with walking. The only caveat to going downtown in my mind is the Meridian street bar scene LATE and Circle Center at night. Those two areas can start to get a bit rough just with kids behaving badly. With a baby, you'll probably miss those anyway. Make sure you know what MAJOR events are happening and avoid those weekends unless you're into that event. Indy has so many conventions that you may stumble into some extremely busy times if you're not cautious. That being said, people watching is best during GENCON, the gamer convention. It's a hoot if you can get an outside seat and just watch. Oh...Harry and Izzy's on, I think Illinois and Maryland? Great alternative to St. Elmos for just a bit less money. The suggestion Kirk had of picking up the Indianapolis Magazine is a very good idea. There's a ton to do/see downtown and it's really pretty safe. I carry unless I'm planning to tie one on and be irresponsible. No one needs to be the wiser. I really could carry on forever and I'm glad i visited this thread...might need to go visit DT again soon.

H20 Sushi in Broad Ripple is the best sushi IMO. I hated sushi and was told by the owner that I hadn't had GOOD sushi. Challenge accepted! I'm an addict now.
    (disclaimer: My cousin is the owner but it really is the best I've eaten)

mtgasten

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Aug 23, 2011
    Greenfield
    the zoo seems to be among the top contenders.

and central canal walk. both sound like a good weekend to me and I will be sure to swing into a couple LGS i dont get the chance to frequent but hear good things about.

ANY hotel and good eat recomendations would be great.

the reason I posted on here was maybe to not only find gun TOLERANT establishments but maybe give people my money that are pro gun if anyone is brave or stupid enough to make that be known these days.

FYI the zoo WILL ask you to return your gun to your car if you are seen carrying and if you refuse then you'll be asked to leave.

Top Bottom