• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    I have been wanting to write this up for awhile.

Weight loss for us larger guys is a large part of survival. Much as I hate to say it, I let myself go for a long time, and always said it was no big deal. Well it is, it really is.

The more weight that you carry, the harder it is on your body, and when SHTF things are gonna be hard enough on your body without the body being hard on itself. I'm not gonna list all the problems that being morbidly obese can cause, we all know what they are, or at least some of them.

I can't tell you guys how much better my knees and ankles feel since I have lost 65 pounds. It's like I am a new man. And the lady has never been happier(if you fellas know what I mean :rockwoot: Yeah you all know what I mean). I am not out of breath when I walk for 10 minutes, or when I walk back to my favorite fishing hole. I can even Jog again, I have not done that since high school.

Just think guys, are you gonna be able to get to your bug out location if you have no vehicle, are you gonna be able to drag your families next meal out of the woods without having a heart attack? What are you chances for survival when you run out of bullets and can't run away without destroying your ankles?

If any of you have ever been thinking about shedding the pounds, there is no time like now.

I have lost 65 pounds since January 1st of this year. I have prolly lost more than that in fat, but since I have started to lift weights again, I have never been stronger and developed this much muscle.

Late December 2010 I looked like this.
    beforelose.jpg

I know, I was huge, way to huge. It's not good to be as large as I was. Then I started the Nutrisystem Diet, and the weight has absolutely melted away. I also cut out all High Fructose Corn Syrup. And I started going to the gym 4 or 5 days a week. A nice regiment of Walking at 3.6 mph at an uphill incline of 6 or greater for a minimum of 30 minutes, really sheds those pounds. For the muscle workout, I do 140 shrugs, bicept curls, abdominal crunches, benchpress machine, and the pillar machine.

Its not hard guys, it just sucks. But once you get into your routine, it just works, and the weight will come off. Now I kick myself in the Butt every day for not doing this years ago when I had less to lose. But anyone who really wants to lose the pounds can.

This is what I look like as of May 12th, 2011.

5monthsofweightloss.jpg

Its possible to lose weight, it just takes hard work. And a little starving the first couple weeks, cause you will be hungry all the time.

I can tell you that when I was at Brown County State Park a few weeks back, I was hiking trail that prolly would have killed me last year. But I was able to do them with a full 3 day pack on( the sad thing is, that when I stepped on the scales fully clothed with shoes, and backpack with sleeping bag and tent attached, I still weighed less than I did before I started this diet) I could do the trails without having to stop when I got to the top of the steps, or got up the hill.

The perks you get with weight loss are immense. I can conceal carry better, save a ton of money on cloths because I can fit into cloths that I had years ago. Not eating fast food has saved me literally hundreds a month(which leaves more money for guns and ammo). And again lots more time in the bedroom, if you all know what I mean, and I know you do, you know energy increases and so does stamina. I know that perk isn't just for me, but I can't be selfish all the time.:rockwoot:

And once you get the point where you are not starving anymore, you can be happier eating less, which translates into food going farther and lasting you longer. I used to eat like 3500 calories a day, now I feel full eating between 1100 and 1300. I have cut my calorie intake in more than half, and yet, I no longer feel as though I am starving. And this can be done by anyone who wants to lose weight.

I used to buy into that genetic crap, until I found out it was that, pure crap. weight can't just appear, It's impossible. To gain weight you must intake more calories than you burn, that's the simple truth. And to lose weight you must Burn more calories than you intake. This is not easy in America, all the food is packaged to satisfy hunger, and that little package of chips, boom its 3 or 4 servings. This too must be watched for weight loss, portion size is everything.

Well I can go on and on, but I will let the photos speak for themselves, and let this thread begin and take off where it may.

Feel free to rep if you like. :ingo:

IndySSD

Master
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jun 14, 2010
    Wherever I can CC le
    You keep saying 'you know what I mean guys' but I don't. Are you talking about dance lessons?

Fine, I'll give you what you want.... Having less belly makes you "Dive deeper with your God given drilling equipment".... how bout that...

@ Clown, yeah I'm working on a similar situation, I'm heavier than I'd like to be. I stopped eating fast food, stopped drinking sodas and coffee (I'm a 5 sugars, 5 creamers kind of guy) and started making time to exercise 4-5 times a week and I'm down ~20 pounds in 6 weeks.

Not starving myself, just stop eating junk constantly, stop drinking 5-6 of the above mentioned coffee's a day and stop drinking 2 liters worth of soda daily. That and go work out for 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week.

Really it's not that big of an adjustment.

theweakerbrother

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 28, 2009
    Bartholomew County, IN
    Fine, I'll give you what you want.... Having less belly makes you "Dive deeper with your God given drilling equipment".... how bout that...

@ Clown, yeah I'm working on a similar situation, I'm heavier than I'd like to be. I stopped eating fast food, stopped drinking sodas and coffee (I'm a 5 sugars, 5 creamers kind of guy) and started making time to exercise 4-5 times a week and I'm down ~20 pounds in 6 weeks.

Not starving myself, just stop eating junk constantly, stop drinking 5-6 of the above mentioned coffee's a day and stop drinking 2 liters worth of soda daily. That and go work out for 30-60 minutes 4-5 times a week.

Really it's not that big of an adjustment.

micropile-drilling-rig-383535.jpg

God gave you one of those? :dunno:

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    51   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    I am ALWAYS amused by people who spend a lot of money to have the latest greatest piece of gear to help them survive, but neglect the most important piece of equipment they were given: their body.

Yeah, I have bad habits that aren't the best for my health too, but I know for a fact that I can put a 50lb pack on and hike 20 miles a day on uneven terrain.

No matter how bad your health is, almost everyone can do things to make it better. Unless you are a quadrapalegic there's no real excuse for not getting some exercise and eating healthier.

Good for you for doing something about it, your lady looks like she's worth being able to perform well for.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Oh yes, I forgot the importance of goals. Keep your goals small. Allow yourself to buy a new knife after 10 pounds or so, or a new gun for 30. It really helps.

I allowed myself to purchase a nice Ruger GP100 after I lost 60 pounds.

WETSU

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 21, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Good job sadclownwp. That is outstanding.

Everyone, remember, YOU are the weapons platform. If you can't survive the trek to get there, your deathray is pretty much worthless no matter how cool it is.

Baditude

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 2, 2011
    SE Indianapolis
    well now you have inspired to get up at 5 am and goto the gym, becasue the only time I am willing to do it is before work, after is like a circus at the gym. I had lost 30 lbs but gained it all back when I quit smoking.

I have lost 12lbs so far doing the low carb thing but the gym is where its at to build health..

Congrats on the weight loss and keep it up.

Nutrisystem Diet is it worth it?

! twitty

Master
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    May 1, 2011
    NE Indy
    Awesome job, keep it up!! I have started working out again two months ago and have lost 27 lbs so far but need to lose a lot more. You said you used Nutri-system? I thought about trying that before but it seems rather expensive.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    Good job losing the weight. Good luck keeping it off. Guys should never wear spandex. It just isn't right.

sadclownwp

Grandmaster
    Rating - 97.7%
    43   1   0
    Jan 6, 2010
    NWI
    Nutrisystem is not that expensive. Once you figure out how much you spend a month on fast food, or going out to eat, and buying food from a grocery store, then you take how much nutrisystem is, really its not so expensive. I'm actually Saving $59 dollars a month eating Nutrisystem.

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    Why waste your money for someone to prepare your food? I dropped 20lbs just be not eating crap food and making Fruit/Veggie smoothie's and juices. No, not the ones with yogurt or ice cream. I'll probably drop 20lb more before my body levels out. So many uneducated zombies are out there saying "I went on a diet". Uh, your DIET is whatever you eat. Then they do these FAD diets, low carbs, no carbs, protein, bla bla bla.

Last edited:

Newbomb92

Expert
    Rating - 88.5%
    23   3   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    NW Indiana
    And why are you counting calories? I must take in 4000-5000 calories a day. You guys put so much faith into diets planned by business people. I don't need anyone to tell me that a Burger has more fat then an apple. When people ask what I eat (actually drink) they say "Where do you get our protein?". LOL I DON'T!!!

I'll give you half a prop for realizing you needed to change, but do it the right way, get off the god damn fad diet and just eat healthy. Use the extra money to buy your ole lady something nice.

Also, I'm not flaming you at all, Losing the weight is great, but like you said, you're taking in way less food. You won't be on the nutrisystem forever.

Here's what I do.

Morning: Blend 2 cups of water, 3 handfuls of spinach, 2 bananas, 1 apple, a few strawberries/rasberries, 2 oranges, a couple carrots, some flaxseed and MAYBE cilantro. I'll switch it up with mangos or maybe blueberries, pears, etc. All my produce is Organic.

Lunch: JUICE 3 or 4 carrots, celery, cucumber, kale, and other veggies.

Dinner: Salad with some raw blanched almonds, lemon for the "dressing" and maybe some dried fruit on top. I'll switch it all up with different things, I don't eat the same thing a day.

I drop about 1.5lb a day. I get on a small trampoline and jump up and down doing rebound. I massage my lymph nodes and get the lymph/circulatory system going. The first couple weeks I puppies and unicorns so much WASTE out of my body it was not human-like. A friend of mine did this and dropped about 110lb in 4 months, as well as losing his diabetes, arthritis and other ailments.

Last edited by a moderator:
    Top Bottom