• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Arickosmo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Oct 20, 2011
    Indy
    Zeke is four years old. He is very well house trained, moderately obedience trained and a very loving and energetic dog. My family loves him and he loves us. He loves to jog with an owner and is the BEST running partner you could hope for. Zeke is VERY smart! He was trained at one point by my 13 year old to respond to facial expressions, as a science experiment. It only took about two weeks.

Zeke has a dominance issue. He understands that he is number five in the pack but he feels a certain desire to show all other visiting young people that he IS number five and they will NOT be moving past him. We've tried hard with him but we're at the end of our rope.

Zeke is really a GREAT dog and I hate to lose him but he needs a home that won't be visited by young children. My kids are 13 and 10 and there hasn't been one problem but I wouldn't trust Zeke around anyone younger than 14 or so, other than his family. Honestly, I hate to let him go but he can't stay with us. We have too many babies and young kids in and out of our house regularly. He does need a fair amount of love and exercise but he will never leave your side if you don't want him to.

IMG_0141.jpg

Zeke is on the left in this pic. Kid price is negotiable but he's a good shot so I'd like to keep him.

-Andy

Last edited:

FWP9MM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Aug 22, 2010
    Bluffton
    My advice would be to put him on Craigslist.

My wife and I decided a few months back that we needed to find a new home for our Staffordshire Bull Terrier due to having a baby girl that was learning to crawl. I was very reluctant to put an ad up on Craigslist, but figured worst case I weed out some by asking for a $50 adoption fee. I did get a few inquiries that I didn't respond to due to lack of grammar or in one case the girl e-mailed and asked me to bring him to her house because she didn't have a car.

Long story short, we found a couple that lived about 1.5 hours away that had another dog. They brought their dog and we met a a local park to see how the two got along, which the two dogs acted like long lost brothers. We then invited them back to our house to see how the dogs did inside and again they were both calm and respectful to each other. They offered to pay the $50 adoption fee, in which I declined and asked that they take him to the vet for his annual shots that were about due. It was a tough decision, but I have no regrets and feel he went to a good home.

Top Bottom