Well. ANOTHER Remington handgun. Let's hope....

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redhorse

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jun 8, 2013
    Remington should just stick to shotguns and build better quality ones at that. I am intrigued by this new pistol but I'm a firm believer all micro .380 have to be under $300.

gglass

Master
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Dec 2, 2008
    ELKHART
    I like it!

Knowing that the design is based on the well respected Rohrbaugh r9 just makes me want one soooo bad. I owned what might have been the first of the Remington R51's in Indiana, but I did not own it for long. Even with that bad experience in my mouth, it would not keep me from buying this little beauty.

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    The more I look at it the better it looks, I always loved the look of the Rohrbaugh pistols anyway. My one and only dislike at first glance is the grips, the style deserves something better.

VZ Grips made the grips for Rohrbaugh I'm pretty sure, would be much better looking with some nice grips in g10 or whatever. Not going to worry too much about that until we know if it can shoot well, but if so a metal framed pistol with good grip options in hte $400 range might just sell pretty well. I also like metal framed Kahr pistols but they are so expensive nowadays. I'll watch this with interest anyway.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    I sorta skimmed through the video in the OP. Did they drop the gun in a deep fryer before breaking it down in the up-close photos, or was the fit and finish really just that sloppy?

Razer

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 20, 2013
    South Central Indiana
    Slightly more info, lots of dimensions and such.

Screen-Shot-2014-12-30-at-4.55.51-PM.png

NullSyndrome

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Gilbert, AZ
    I took a look at one of these at the NRA convention in Nashville. I really liked it. No polymer, it had a quality feel to it and fit my hand better than most pocket .380's. The trigger pull was a long DAO pull, it was quite smooth and did not feel particularly heavy. The trigger breaks near the back of the trigger guard, similar to the S&W Bodyguard. The Remington rep pointed out that the magazine has a spacer in it, and said "you can see where we are going with this." He couldn't (or wouldn't) give me a timetable, but it appears there may eventually be a 9mm version in the works.

I am in the market for a pocket .380, so while at the exhibition hall I handled every one by every manufacturer I am aware of. I like the Glock 42, but it's a bit big for pocket carry for me. If I was going that route, I'd pick up a 43. I narrowed it down to the non laser version of the S&W Bodyguard, the Beretta Pico, or this Remington RM380. The Remington rep said they planned to start shipping in June. Give it some time, I bet the street price will be significantly below the $417 msrp.

BluePig

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 10, 2012
    Middlebury
    It was awful hard to look at this pistol at the NRA Convention and at the next table was the dreaded R51 that they were still trying to pawn off.
    I think they are going to have a rough road to go down.
    The trigger was ok, nothing to get really excited about.
    Racking the slide back was a bit more than I expected, it is pretty stiff.
    I think that might be a real downfall.

cerebus85

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 83.3%
    5   1   0
    Mar 5, 2012
    It does look like the Robard. Good in depth vid but meh on the Remington. maybe they should just stick to rifles?

NKBJ

at the ark
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 21, 2010
    The older Remington's are better.
    Besides, brass is just a passing fad.

This one uses 200 grain .41 SWC's and a chamber full of FFFg.

Top Bottom