• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • southpaw

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 11, 2013
    Indianapolis
    Andy Horning is the man. Had Mourdock not poorly answered that abortion question I would have voted for Horning, but I felt Mourdock proably needed all the help he could get at that point and he probably would have been better than a Dem; not much better, but better.

Mourdock had a lot going against him. I was a delegate at the convention and when I went to turn in my convention registration fee after the primary at the republican hq in downtown indy, every worker up there was going nuts about Mourdock saying that they hoped he "burned in hell" and other such nonsense. Then he did absolutely nothing to reach out to those of us who are Constitutionalists/Libertarians. We were treated like a sack of crap at the convention. Needless to say after the convention, the precinct committeemen who are liberty lovers did not help with the Get Out the Vote drive. Why should they; you get treated like a dog and they expect you to smile.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    If we truly feel that he was the best man for the job why should we vote for someone who we feel does not represent our views. That is truly narrow thinking and the kind of thinking that has career politicians in power who have no interest in really representing the people who put them there.

Donnelly total votes = 1,281,181
    Horning total votes = 145,282
    Mourdock total votes = 1,133,621
    Mourdock plus Horning total votes = 1,278,903 and a victory for Donnelly

You want to cast blame, blame your GOP voters who didn't turn out. Blame the Lugar supporters who were mad and voted for Donnelly out of spite. Blame the GOP for not putting up a candidate that could pull in the libertarian vote.

Mostly though, maybe you should blame those who voted FOR Donnelly and not those who voted against him.

I blame everyone who did not vote in the best interest of the 2nd Amendment. Any vote besides Mourdock, well there you are, you got what you asked for. The anti-gun vote today is on you folks.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    I blame everyone who did not vote in the best interest of the 2nd Amendment. Any vote besides Mourdock, well there you are, you got what you asked for. The anti-gun vote today is on you folks.

Care to explain to me how a vote for Horning is a vote against the second amendment? I Am really disappointed that you are so narrow minded to believe I should vote for a man that held very few of my beliefs over a man that I truly believe in.

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood

Ha ha, that is hilarious. You sound like a progressive.

I don't need the facts, my mind is made up. I feel that you're bad because you didn't vote for my guy. So even though your vote didn't change the fact that Donnelly won, you're still bad and anti 2a. :crying:

Thanks for the laughs!

LGDawg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Sep 10, 2012
    Indy
    I am not surprised by Donnelly's vote. It doesn't matter who we voted for that lost. We need to stand together and vote out any politician that does not stand for the second amendment!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Ha ha, that is hilarious. You sound like a progressive.

I don't need the facts, my mind is made up. I feel that you're bad because you didn't vote for my guy. So even though your vote didn't change the fact that Donnelly won, you're still bad and anti 2a. :crying:

Thanks for the laughs!

The truth hurts because...

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg

I didn't vote for Murdock because he demonstrated that he didn't deserve my vote. No, it wasn't because of what he said. It was because he didn't have the ability to overcome the barriers he created. He could have fixed that snafu in 24-hours. BTW, what anti-gun bill passed today?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Care to explain to me how a vote for Horning is a vote against the second amendment? I Am really disappointed that you are so narrow minded to believe I should vote for a man that held very few of my beliefs over a man that I truly believe in.

There is only one issue. Without the 2nd Amendment, we have nothing. Hopefully you all's actions don't let us get to see that.

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

Are you completely incapable of comprehending basic math? :dunno:

Someone else already posted the numbers, but I'll try to make them even easier for you to understand.

1,281,181 voted for Donnely
    45,282 voted for Horning
    1,133,621 voted for Mourdock

45,282 voted for Horning
    +

1,278,903 is a smaller number than 1,281,181

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Are you completely incapable of comprehending basic math? :dunno:

Someone else already posted the numbers, but I'll try to make them even easier for you to understand.

45,282 voted for Horning

45,282 voted for Horning
    +

1,278,903 is a smaller number than 1,281,181

I can count just fine.
    How close does it need to be for a recount?
    How close would those numbers be had everyone voted with solely the 2nd Amendment in mind? I know y'all aren't on INGO just for the politics or maybe you are...?

buckstopshere

Master
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Jan 18, 2010
    Greenwood
    The truth hurts because...

Who's hurt again? I'm laughing, I really could not care less. Sounds like you're the one who is hurt bro. You pass judgment on Horning voters, get nailed with the truth that Mourdock still loses if Horning didn't run and then have the sand to say truth hurts when you're truth is an opinion. How can you do anything but laugh at that?

Here, let me show you where your pain is

8121d36021b3436f90d3f7f4898d0dbb.jpg

Titanium_Frost

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    34   0   0
    Feb 6, 2011
    Southwestern Indiana
    He also voted yea on Grassley/Cruz, no on Feinstein, yea on the Veterans' Protection amendment, and yea on Constitutional carry. In those, he did exactly what he said he would do. The magazine limit amendment is up now and I'm betting he'll vote no.

Isn't it possible that he's reflecting the aggregate views of those who contacted him? You have to think that Manchin-Toomey supporters also contacted him. Perhaps they outnumbered us.

His job is to represent the will of the people. Who's to say he isn't doing that? I'm indifferent to the man himself but this is kneejerk reactionism.

I don't know, and neither do you. If you want him out, then put up a candidate against him who isn't going to self destruct but basing it on a single vote just seems dumb.

This isn't a democracy, it is a Republic and just because a majority wants something does NOT mean they should get it. A good senator/representative should know that.

Thank the Andy Horning voters for that! Happy now?

Add Andy's votes to Murdock's and you still wouldn't have beaten Donnelly. Don't blame people who want freedom for the failure of the democratic process, blame people uneducated on America and the voting process who have the same voice as you or I.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    We had the crowd that insisted that Obama was the best President on guns we had ever had and that Donnelly was an excellent pro gun Democrat. We had the people that don't vote at all because either they don't care or they don't think their vote makes any difference. As someone said, we get the government we deserve.

snowrs

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 4, 2011
    Evansville
    There is only one issue. Without the 2nd Amendment, we have nothing. Hopefully you all's actions don't let us get to see that.

The constitution as a whole is the important issue and currently there are people on both sides that want to play fast and loose with different pieces. As soon as one piece falls the rest are dominos. We need people who respect and uphold the whole document as their platform.

Top Bottom